Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mass Chaos - Syracuse, NY ON Center

Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Godsmack rocked the house !!!
One question ?
Is it illegal to mosh in Syracuse, NY ?
The had a 20' area closed off right down the center of the floor for the security idiots to monitor what was going on. It seemed like every time someone started to enjoy themselves, the security was throwing them out !!! I have never seen this kind of set up ever at any show. Is this happening at any other venues ?

That being said, I will never attend another show at ON Center.

SMACKED 13 TIMES: (9/12/03 UB)(10/10/04 Buffalo-HSBC)(9/4/06 Darien PAC)(10/23/06 Syracuse)(12/2/06 UofPitt)(5/18/07 NYC Hammer)(5/27/07 Shea's Buf)(7/26/08 Darien PAC)(9/5/09 Darien PAC)(10/5/10 NYC Hammer)(7/26/11 Darien PAC)(8/21/11 Hamilton,Ont)

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Mass Chaos - Syracuse, NY ON Center

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM

If the On Center can't accept a little bumping & jumping, why do they book these type of bands ?????
    A complete JOKE !!!!!! And I must say that I am not a "mosher".

SMACKED 13: (9/12/03 UB)(10/10/04 Buf,HSBC)(9/4/06 Darien, NY)(10/23/06 Syr, NY)(12/2/06 UofPitt)(5/18/07 NYC Hammer)(5/27/07 Shea's Buf)(7/26/08 Darien, NY)(9/5/09 Darien, NY)(10/5/10 NYC Hammer)(7/26/11 Darien, NY)(8/21/11 Hmltn,Ont)(5/15/12 - Syr, NY)

2. Re: Mass Chaos - Syracuse, NY ON Center

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I'm rather surprised that Syracuse's On Center didn't allow "moshing", as the Broome County Arena 2 days before had one hell of a moshing about a third of the way from the stage, that began halfway through Staind and didn't let up until GS wrapped up the show. I think I posted a few pics earlier on, showing some of them in motion.....and the whole time, not once did I see any "non mosher" get annoyed by being "bumped" into....
    "C."

3. Re: Mass Chaos - Syracuse, NY ON Center

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    I'm from Canada but I travel to a handful of shows across the US every year (Godsmack and otherwise).

I have never witnessed anything like what you have described. That said, I haven't ever been to a show in Syracuse. The closest I ever make it to Syracuse is Darien Lake.

Maybe there was a specific reason for it? Some sort of civil unrest in the area recently?

No offense, but Western NY doesn't seem like it would be one of the more rowdy places on a band's tour. Any shows I have been to in Buffalo or at Darien PAC had great crowds, but certainly not as violent as Texas (just an example).

** No offense either Texas; I love you and your belligerence. We will meet again one day. **

Uh Ohhhh.....Now you've gone & done it!!! Any comment(s) IStandAlone...?

"C."

4. Re: Mass Chaos - Syracuse, NY ON Center

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Actually, no comment needed for that. I'm somewhat in agreement. Although, most of the violence is NOT in the arena. Almost every concert I have been to here has had a relatively calm crowd, with no problems, not even in the pit. Now, OUTSIDE the venue may be another story. You know how it is when guy A looks at guy B's girl. He feels the need to defend her honor and hit guy A over the head with his belt buckle, while drunkenly mumbling "git er done." Chaos ensues,and hillbillies everywhere revolt, leaving the Texas public to take sides in the pseudo civil war. Once the government steps in and declares the entire state a DMZ, then no more shows will ever be played in the lone star state. Looks like I'll have to go to Canada. oh wait...NY, I meant, NY

5. Re: Mass Chaos - Syracuse, NY ON Center

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I have a very large and extremely heavy belt buckle.

6. Re: Mass Chaos - Syracuse, NY ON Center

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:07 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    I have a very large and extremely heavy belt buckle.

hmmmm....

IStandAlone in cowboy boots and a fedora.....Me in workboots and hardhat.....and Razor wearing his BIG buckled belt....I see a calendar foto shoot in near future! Oh shit....that was another topic on another site....I'm SOOO CONFUSED....LMAO
    "C."