Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

VIP FEEDBACK

Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Hey all I wanna hear everyone's VIP experience feedback (good or bad) and would appreciate if we can keep them all in this thread.

This way if I have to direct anyone at Ground ctrl to this thread it will be easy and organized into one thread instead of scattered.

Thank You!
Dom
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dominique ~ Web Manager
Godsmack | Sully Erna
www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:37 PM

My only complaint about the meet and greet is having to go back in line after, the palms wasn't bad but still for the vip experience getting let into the venue first should be part of it.

All in all its very well organized and had a great time, forget the girls name that took the pictures but she was very good and funny not to mention cute as hell :) its great that gs extends this out to fans and it will be something ill never forget.

2. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM

OK, so VIP in Corpus.... here is how it went down:
    Got email day before show saying to be there at 3:45. Was there plenty early. They didn't have any of the VIP gear at the gate, so we had to wait for that almost right up until when it was time to go met them. They took us inside the gates to a side stage waiting area (still outside). We ended up still waiting for about what seemed like 30 mins.
    Ok, I'll pause there for a second. We're outside. Still. SOUTH TEXAS kind of outside. In the sun. The band shows up (their tables are conveniently in the shade, so we were all happy to have them finally show up.) about 30 people in line, so basically, we pass by the table like cattle off to the slaughterhouse...get something signed, a handshake, yadda yadda yadda..rush rush rush.. Then they stand and herd us through the cattle line again for a QUICK PIC. Seriously, the photographer doesn't really give you a lot of time. And then WHOOOSH, we're off back to the gate. Shannon, Robbie, and Tony were having a lot of fun, and seemed to enjoy us being there. Sully seemed like he wasn't having TONS of fun, but we wan't exactly being a douche, either. So, I'd call it indifferent, maybe? I dunno. But it's all good..
    Now about the line thing...Before we went in, I asked the gatekeepers (that's what I call them) if we stay in the venue, or get shoved back out here, and she said we come back out, and maybe they'll let us in toward the front. After me and a few buddies do a little sweet talking, she seemed to sympathize with the fact that we paid A LOT of cash for VIP, and they had a separate gate for VIP that did open just for us, but at the same time as the others, so it was cool I guess. I was 2nd in line, so I got the spot I always get (front row, against the rail, just left of center stage.)
    Man Made Machine put on a good showing.
    Halestorm absolutely ROCKED the place (and I got Lizzy's pick, so it's a good day.)
    Staind. Oh Staind. It was cool to finally see them, but I have to say this. Good Show. I know Aaron Lewis is one of the greatest voices of this generation. I was also born and raised in South Texas, and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen anyone as stoned as he was. He had to have something going on, I don't know what it is, so I can only speculate. His voice still sounded amazing, so I guess it's all good, haha. Good Show though.
    Godsmack.......Eh. It was awesome to see them again. No Pyros, no Video screens. Just an ol' time ROCK AND F'N ROLL SHOW. They were ok, I would suspect this is not the best venue for sound, cause it seemed a little off as well. They put on a decent show, and the drum battle was awesome. They had NO ENCORE, which was strange. The last time I saw a show with no encore was 1982 when my parents took me to see Charley Pride. (Did I just say that out loud? Damn.)
    So, overall I would call the entire experience, eh Mediocre. It wasn't the best show I've been too, but got to see a good overall lineup.
    As far as the VIP experience goes. I don't know that I'll PURCHASE another. the phrase "meet and greet" would seem to invoke some sort of conversation taking place, not a quick comment through a cattle line, but maybe it's just me. I'm not saying it's a bad experience, cause you do get to be in the same room (excuse me, AREA) as them, and have them sign something. But I don't see how the whole price is worth it. Just my opinion. I suppose it's up to how much you're willing to spend to quickly say HI to someone and have them sign something. (when I won true Meet and Greet passes to meet Bret Michaels, he spent about 30 minutes with all of us (only about 10 people, and hung out and had some drinks (Coke for him) with us...to me, that's a meet and greet. Again, just my opinion.)
    But, at least I have a nice poster that's signed by the band that I can frame and put on my wall with all my other swag.....and a few decent pictures from the day.
    So, there it is. Not the best, but not bad either......hope this helps. Feel free to message me with any questions....
    ROCK ON!!

3. MIA avatar MIA

RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:47 AM

What a great post! I did laugh at the cattle line.. it's so true. That is what you feel like. It's all Rush, rush rush.... we're seeing Godsmack...not Rush! But i'd do it again.
    And no encore..... wow!
    I guess I'm glad I can't afford the $1250 for Aerosmith to M&G just Steven and Joe, oh how I'd be pissed if I was rushed. LOL

Sounds like you had a great time though. I would think for VIP's they'd have prime seating/spots. I can't imagine having to go back out side and wait with everyone else.

"e"

4. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Great post. Thanks for filling us in. And lucky you being able to sweet talk someone! There were two entrances for us too, so they could have easily done it. Still irks me.
    Miss T

5. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 6:28 AM

I am really enjoying reading all of these reports and do appreciate the information in advance of my experience on May 11th. That said, it is a little discouraging that overall the M&G's are being reported as rather underwhelming. It sounds like most people are having an acceptable time, but not really being made to feel like much of a VIP.

6. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I think it goes to what you are expecting, If you're expecting a sit down with them and chatting session you'll be disappointed.
    You get to meet them, greet them, they sign something, you get your pix done, that's pretty cool.You get what was promised.
    I would agree, the waiting is killer, every minute seems like 10. It's not the anticipation...it's the standing around waiting and waiting, makes for a long day. And then POOF! it's over, then the wait for the show to begin. BUT we should be thankful that they do the M&G, and no matter how long it is, it's pretty sweet when they remember you from before..added bonus!
    I think it's fairness to all and them. If they spend 10 minutes with one person, everyone would want that. And I'm sure they want downtime before they go on or whatever else they have to do.
    "e"

7. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I completely agree with you Elly. For me though it's not really about meeting the band. I get why people want to meet them and I respect that. I'm sure it will be cool one day to say that I met Godsmack but for me buying the VIP is all about the show.

I'd like to think that I have since made my peace with it (clearly not) but I was pissed when I got my Nashville Gold VIP reserved seat in the stands.

I bought tickets from sketchy dudes in the parking lot at Mayhem shows in Dallas and Atlanta last year. Both times I got better tickets for much less than $180.

For the price we paid I believe we should have been given a choice of seats or floors (with early entrance). Rockstar does this for their much more elaborate multi-band, multi-stage festivals so ground[ctrl} saying it's too complicated or difficult for them is just taking the easy way out.

8. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I agree with both of you. For me, THIS time was about meeting the band. And I'm so happy I did. Cross it off my bucket list. But NEXT time, I'm not doing it without a guarantee of better VIP treatment. I dished out $360 for my husband and me to do this and we got sent to the back of line with everybody else who payed 1/4 of that. It really sucked!
    Miss T

9. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I was going to buy meet & greet passes this time around, glad I didn't, thanks for the info guys.
    "In your eyes, you can bid me farewell."

10. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I don't get why VIP's didn't get better seats? We got to stay and grab up front if we wanted, We were the ones standing around, so to me, if you want to stand around front stage and wait, you should be able to. And if seats... doesn't VIP mean GOOD seats? Weird cause last years experience was awesome.
    "e"

11. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 8:06 AM

To be fair, the reserved seats they gave us are good ones next to the stage BUT I am a floor guy. I like to be in the action, not sitting around. This is Godsmack, not Tchaikovsky. For $180 a gen admin floor ticket with a 30 second head start on everyone else would have been enough for me.

12. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM

When I saw the forum regarding VIP Feedback, I wasn't really surprised about what I was reading. But being exhausted after a brutal day @ work and half asleep, I lost focus and commented on someone's lack of respect....and forgot what I wanted to say. Senility is setting in I believe...Lol!
    Anyway....in regard to having to go back outside with the common folk and wait to be let back in, that most likely is the individual venues that is making that call, be it good or bad. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the size of the venues & if the smaller they are, the chance you'll end back outside is more probable. Our's is pretty big and a Veteran's Memorial Arena...so hoping the four of us will be allowed to stay after M&G so we can get front seats, even though our tickets are GA, with the Gold VIP pass. Which brings up another issue....why do some have reserved seating & others have just GA seating w/ the $184 tickets. Once again, imcertain that has to do with venue & mngmnt. Kinda stinks....but it is what it is. Now, someone mentioned that Shannon, Tony & Rob were interacting with the "cattle line" fans really well & seemed to be enjoying themselves....while Sully didn't seem very interested. Hmmmmm. I put myself in his shoes moments ago and came to the realization that he may have simply had an "off night"...meaning his knee could've been bothering him, hadn't slept well, and possibly was just plain whooped from the night before. We, as fans, put so much expectations on celebrities and can lose focus that they too......are people just like ourselves.

Nothing in life is guaranteed, especially in this day in age....but at least we can have our "moment in time" with our favorite band members and even have pictures & autographs to prove to everyone....that we were there. Two weeks from this past Sunday or Monday, I will be posting how our experience was @ our show......either good or bad, I'm willing to bet it will be memorable and a total blast!!

Peace......
    C

13. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I completely understand that sometimes the guys in the band can be having a bad day. As far as Sully last night, it wasn't BAD at all, just indifferent, and that's perfectly cool. I wasn't judging, simply stating the details of the situation. I should mention that just before I got to the table, he asked the security "dude" behind him (one of their crew guys) to stand back a little bit because his, uh, man parts were a little too close for his comfort.) Which was funny. So, by saying he wasn't as energetic as the other 3, I meant that in no way as judgment.
    But to carry on the meet and greet argument...I certainly don't expect a specific amount of time for them to spend with ME, but I think what most people can agree on is a LITTLE BIT of time with the group. How about just a 10 minute or so shooting-the-bull time with everyone, while you're signing and taking pics, etc? I completely COMPLETELY understand their busy and have a schedule, I really do. But if their management is going to sell VIPs for that much, can ya at least give us a LITTLE BIT of your time? VIP stands for VERY IMPORTANT PERSON. Being rushed by the powers that be certainly doesn't make it feel that way. (And as a side note, some of their crew guys, or management or whatever they are, I say ARE COMPLETE DOUCHES. I will just say to the steroid, no neck dude wearing the AFFLICTION shirt, that wearing an MMA shirt doesn't make you a badass, k?) Someone needs to remember (and I have a feeling that most of these issues are stemming from management (the powers that be) at least I hope so), that the fans are who makes these guys who they are. If nobody bought the music or came to shows, they'd be baggin' groceries somewhere.
    Like I said, overall, not a bad experience, just not worth the cost.

14. Moderator

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM

James S wrote:
    (And as a side note, some of their crew guys, or management or whatever they are, I say ARE COMPLETE DOUCHES. I will just say to the steroid, no neck dude wearing the AFFLICTION shirt, that wearing an MMA shirt doesn't make you a badass, k?) Someone needs to remember (and I have a feeling that most of these issues are stemming from management (the powers that be) at least I hope so), that the fans are who makes these guys who they are. If nobody bought the music or came to shows, they'd be baggin' groceries somewhere.
    Like I said, overall, not a bad experience, just not worth the cost.

FYI the bands crew/security has nothing to do with management & they are hired by the band. These guys have been with the band (some of them) from day one, even with prior management. Most of these people are long time & trustworthy friends of the band. Just curious though, why do you say they were "douches"? I know all of their crew guys and they are all completely sweethearts. The band's head of security, however, is there to do a VERY important job which is to protect the band. He is not going to be all smiles & social to people while he is working and needs to make sure nothing happens to those guys. I know it was a while ago, but let's think back to the horrible Dime Bag innocent and the tragedy of that event that unfolded at a show because of a "fan". The truth is you never know what kind of people are going to be showing up to these events. Yes most of the time it's innocent fans who are there to have a good time, enjoy the show, and watch and listen to a band they enjoy perform. This, however, doesn't guarantee there isn't some loon in the crowd who is potentially dangerous and can act out at any given time endangering the band as well as others at the venue. After that horrible event, I think every band out there had a bit of a reality check on the dangers these musicians can be in when they are in public and doing shows. No one wants to see something like that ever go down again, and band security has to be on their A-Game and have their eyes peels on everyone at these venues near or around the band. Some people may take their seriousness and them being in work mode being rude or "douches", but in all reality their mind is on one thing and one thing only, protecting the band and doing their job.

With that being said, I appreciate everyone's VIP feedback so far. After this tour is done I will link up management and Ground ctrl to this thread so they can read through these as well :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

15. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I understand their need, and believe me, I'm happy they're there. (for the band's safety, and the guys who provide safety for the crowd, although I know the crowd people are local.) Just an isolated incident, no big deal really. Just an overall mediocre experience I guess, with the VIP and the show.
    The more digging i've done, I'm gonna chalk it up to the venue. Next time I see them, I will not do it in Corpus. Other bands, maybe, not Godsmack . I think they're too big and loud to play there, especially considering the sound issues. Maybe others think it was an awesome show. Yeah, we got to meet them for a sec, and got to see some bands play. But I think the bands were much better than the venue really allows to come out. I guess I've been going to concerts for over 20 years, so I have a little experience of what's good or bad. No more metal bands on the main stage at Concrete Street for me.
    I'm glad you're going to link this to management and ground control, I think there is a lot of input that could help in the future, hopefully they'll take some of it into consideration.
    And a big THANKS TO YOU for all the moderating, you're doing a wonderful job, and very good at getting people (such as myself) to understand some things....most importantly, that not every day is expected to be perfect....

16. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:06 AM

@ James S....

Hey dude, there's a big difference between being judgmental and just speaking your piece, regarding something that's important to you. In my opinion (and that doesn't hold much water...Lol) you weren't being judgmental @ all....just a tad ticked off is all. It's all good.....

FYI....."It's not nice to mess with The Mistress"....jk

Peace...
    C

17. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM

razor_wire wrote:
    To be fair, the reserved seats they gave us are good ones next to the stage BUT I am a floor guy. I like to be in the action, not sitting around. This is Godsmack, not Tchaikovsky. For $180 a gen admin floor ticket with a 30 second head start on everyone else would have been enough for me.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm sure Sully or something would think to himself on stage "if I was here at a show, and one of my favorite bands are playing, and I was going to get wild, but that guy tried to stop me from having fun... he would probably get a swift knock to the head.. easily."

my seat is located allllll the way on the opposite side of the stage. Rude.
    Mashed potatoes for eveyone

18. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:15 PM

can someone please tell me what exactly is included in the vip package?

19. MIA avatar MIA

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:42 PM

it's posted when you purchase one

Godsmack Gold VIP Package
    1 General Admission Ticket
    1 Meet and Greet with Godsmack
    1 Godsmack Bandana
    1 Godsmack Exclusive 11" x 17" Lithograph
    1 Commemorative Godsmack VIP Laminate

hey...it DOESN'T say VIP seating..... ahh so there you go, it was never promised. Last year it was, and we got it. So really there should be no more complaints...it was never promised....
    "e"

20. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I will say this about the VIP Swag:

It's some badass stuff.

The bandana is cool. (used to shade my shaved head at the show).
    The Laminate Pass should last forever.
    The Litho they give you: Damn Good Quality. It's not a cheap, thin, flimsly ass piece of paper, this thing is on some really good stock. I would recommend having them sign the litho instead of, say, a CD cover or the laminate. It will frame nicely and should last almost forever. (or at least until the Zombie Apocalypse). A lot of people have said they can only sign one thing, although at our VIP they signed a few extra items for some people. (I think they would have for more, but not everybody bothered asking, I guess. Hindsight being what it is, I may have gotten them to sign my VIP Laminate as well, but I didn't wanna be "THAT GUY" that broke the rules. I have since realized that most of the rules are made by the powers that be, and not necessarily the guys in the band. They're cool about it.
    Alas, the seating arrangements seem to differ depending on the venues. Some have gotten kicked back out to the end of the line. Some have a roped of section, and We (in Corpus Christi) had a seperate entrance at the gate, so we sorta went in first. (they opened our gate and the GA gate at the same time.) But it was still cool. Read through the comments in this thread for others opinions of their take on VIP and let us know what you do...