Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Is the policy going to be no photographs and autographs at the Meet and Greet for the VIP packages as outlined in the Facebook note (https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=246254045414181)? If so, I think that should be stated in the details on the purchase page so we know before we buy. I already bought the VIP package for the Belton show, but I am going to be disappointed if I don't so much as get an autograph.

It's frustrating and irritating to read about people's bad experiences with VIP packages right after you buy one... especially about your favorite band!

Anyone have any VIP experiences to share, especially positive things? Other than what I've read about not getting your stuff?

Miss T

Replies to This Posting

1. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM

well, they did take our pix.....posted here on the site. and they did autograph. hang tight be prepared incase they do autograph, but they don't have to.
    i had a fabulous experience. Justin was awesome as our host/guide. We watched the sound check, formed a cattle line, they all went by, greeted us all, signed stuff then we lined up again and had our pix taken. no cameras, they took the pix and post of this site....under media....you'll see M&G shots from all the shows last year.
    only problem was with the VIP swag was offered, that took a long time to get, Our show was in Aug, i just rec'd in end of Dec. i think better organized for the VIP swag should be this time. i would hope anyway. But we got it....
    "e"

2. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

ahhh forgot one thing.....our VIP said autographs....yours say none. BUT when we were at the soundcheck Justin said they don't have to sign stuff, but if you are quiet so they can hear the sounds of guitars etc, so don't yell and scream at them, if you are quiet, we'll get some autographs for you. So yeah you could hear a pin drop as they did the sound check...which for us was the oracle. They did sign stuff and i know from Avalon i had a ton of stuff for him to sign, he said to me, sure i'll sign it, i don't have a problem with it, it's them, not me. So the guys are willing but i think it's a time thing maybe. Still for GS i got a ton signed by all, Robbie was great to meet...a fun guy...not that the others aren't lol.
    VIP was awesome and i recommend to all....totally worth the cash, you got a lot i think.
    "e"

3. Re: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Thanks! I'm glad to know that at least it's not them making these crazy rules. I met Sully in 1999, and have his autograph, but I really, really want to meet the rest of them and would at least like some proof that I did so! :-)
    Miss T

4. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM

i'm thinking you'll be pleased with the VIP. good luck!
    "e"

5. Moderator

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM

MistyA wrote:
    Is the policy going to be no photographs and autographs at the Meet and Greet for the VIP packages as outlined in the Facebook note (https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=246254045414181)? If so, I think that should be stated in the details on the purchase page so we know before we buy. I already bought the VIP package for the Belton show, but I am going to be disappointed if I don't so much as get an autograph.

It's frustrating and irritating to read about people's bad experiences with VIP packages right after you buy one... especially about your favorite band!

Anyone have any VIP experiences to share, especially positive things? Other than what I've read about not getting your stuff?

Miss T

Although it doesn't state that autographs will be available, I would bring an item along with you, and a sharpie, so that way if they are doing autographs, you have something along with you. I've run a couple of different VIP's and I can say that it is mostly time dependent. Please feel free to message me with any questions, and have a great time!

6. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

i always bring sharpies....grey and black.....but they always have.......but can you imagine. sure we'll sign....you have a pen? oh @@##%%%$ i don't have one!!

HAHAHAHA, sorry not funny but..... hang on let me run out and get a pen....hey who has a @#%#$# pen! i need one NOW!!!!
    "e"

7. RE: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I am hoping there will not be any letdowns when I attend the Meet & Greet with them in Corpus Christi in May. I completely understand that nothing is ever promised or guaranteed, but let's be honest: In today's world, at a MEET AND GREET, I believe an autograph and a pic is a given.
    Now, I understand that celebrities are busy and pressed for time. I have been privileged to have met many bands and celebrities at M&Gs over the years, and they have all (ALL) taken the time to sign something and take a quick picture. They have always been very accomodating to the fans that have been presented in front of them.
    I have fortunately been pulled from the crowd to go backstage, and have never had to pay for a M&G so this will be my first "paid"experience. I think in cases like this where people are forking over hard earned dollars to meet their favorite bands, then have said band members take a minute of their day to accomodate them is, quite honestly, expected.
    Getting back to the whole "busy" topic, though, if they are too busy to take a few minutes, then, quite honestly, they don't need to sell VIP packages. It's just that simple. I would rather just hit the show, rock out, and not even have a chance to meet them, then PAY for it, and be disappointed. I've noticed that in most cases, there are around 30 or less pics on the M&G pages on this site. At an average of say what, 30 seconds to take a pic and sign something, that's 15 minutes of their time (@180 per person, that's not a bad deal for them) It's not like I expect them so sign tons of stuff or take pics with the other 10,00 people in the arena, but those 10,000 people did not pay for a VIP experience, either. I hope this doesn't come acrosss like I have an attitude about this, cause I really don't. I've heard these guys are cool to meet, and I hope and feel that is the case. Godsmack is one of my all time favorite bands, and I hope this experience will put their memorabilia at the top of my collection.

See you guys in May!

8. Re: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Completely agree James!
    Miss T

9. Moderator

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I am sure in most cases they will end up allowing ONE item to be autographed as Wade stated. They just do not want people bringing in multiple items for them to sign. As far as photos they will not let you take your own via your own personal camera... but your VIP host will get a photo of each VIP with the band then will upload them up to this site where people can download their own picture with the band for personal use.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Grab your gun, time to go to hell. I'm no hero guilty as charged..... Search & Destroy... "

10. Re: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM

i wonder if you can answer a similar question for me. why dont they allow pictures

11. Moderator

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Most bands who have VIP's no matter what company they use, don't allow personal pictures.. it's just the way it goes. You have to figure some people would be trying to take multiple photos with the guys and the M&G usually have a strict time slot. They want to be able to get to everyone equally and if people get a bit too camera happy it can take up quite a bit of time & add up. They want to keep it fair for everyone ... yet have things move along smoothly because if the time frame allowed for a fairly big group of people. The band is on a fairly strict schedule the days of shows.. a lot goes on behind the scenes.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Grab your gun, time to go to hell. I'm no hero guilty as charged..... Search & Destroy... "

12. RE: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I saw them in Vegas in April at the Pearl. VIP was great...All members of the band were there and signed everything I brought. Sercutiy guys are a bit intense which is always good for a laugh but the ALL members of GODSMACK were very cool. The event staff took out picture that turned out amazing.

I will always try to go VIP to Godsmack

13. Re: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM

VIP for sure is the way to go when available and you can afford it.

14. Re: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM

To bad they didn't have one on this tour, maybe next time.

15. Re: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM

that sucked on the ma tour i hope next year.
    annette g.

16. Re: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I'm sure everyone wishes all their shows have M&G's

17. Re: Autographs and Photos at Meet and Greets

Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:52 AM

but we really deserve it!