Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

What happened????

Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I've been hosting GODSMACKDOMAIN.COM for about 6 years now.. its not mine but rather for GODSMACK FANS. You guys took me off the links.. I thought it was always about the fans, the ones that actually put you where you are now.. Can you tell me why???

GODSMACKDOMAIN.COM

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: What happened????

Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Guess you're right!

2. Moderator

Re: What happened????

Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I added it up,
    "Grab your gun, time to go to hell. I'm no hero guilty as charged..... Search & Destroy... "

3. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:54 AM

"you won't that mistake again,thinking that the band makes music for their fans"
    "Site isn't that great to begin with anyway."

ha, does anyone really think it's about the fans, pft, it's all about the cash.. yeah great music but really, what do they give a $hit about the fans....just keep buying our records and come see us live, bring in the cash baby!

Karma is missing....i told you.....this place is missing a lot!

little miss sunshine is going away now.......

"e"

4. Re: What happened????

Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I wouldn't know about any other bands, but as a fan of this band I'd have to agree and disagree. Of course money motivates any and all careers. Thats the difference between job and career. They work hard for that money and they deserve it. Its not like they sit around and wait for someone to say "Hey! Hit the stage" or studio. These guys are grinding every bit of the way. I also believe they are very greatful for their fans. Especially Robbie! The guy takes time out of his day to chat with FANS either on twitter or facebook. Sully did it himself lastnight. Shannon will often hang out by the buses to meet fans. All things they are not required to do, but do it for the fans. thats my 2 cents
    ~ I'm tougher then nails, I can promise you that~

5. Moderator

Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Forevah is right, they do care. Robbie has been talking to people quite a bit on FB & twitter. He reaches out all the time with questions and what not if he is having tech difficulties w FB etc when he is on there talking with fans. Shannon ALWAYS, no matter where he is, takes the time to say hello to fans, regardless of where he is. Sully hung out to talk to tons of fans this past Avalon tour.. at the venue and by the buses. To say they do not care isn't true, whether anyone wants to believe it or not. Again, to agree with Forevah, no one makes them to these things and they really do not have to do if they didn't want to. There are plenty of rockstars who won't take time to talk with a fan if they are out and about outside of the venues, or they do they are nasty about it. The only one who is more reserved in the band is Tony. That has nothing to do with the fans, that is just Tony's personality.. unless is really really knows you, he is a very quiet guy.

"Grab your gun, time to go to hell. I'm no hero guilty as charged..... Search & Destroy... "

6. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:18 AM

but in the end it's about money (just like us for working,,,,it's all about the paycheck)They just have something they love doing. (and i know lots of people love their job and aren't musicians)

...and total agree Sully was a sweetie to meet before Avalon, very nice.

So i have to ask with the meet and greet...what happens to the money? do they donate to charity? or keep it themselves? and i guess i'll rant again. if i'm paying that money to meet them, i dont' want to be rushed, like ONE thing to sign or ONE pix. i PAID $$ i dont want to be rushed...but i wouldn't take hours....let us get our money's worth...(that is to the people that work there). i know there is a line up but i'm ok to wait if Susie and Johnny wanna take extra time with them. And if it gets out of hand rush THEM along, don't rush everyone along...
    i did like when Sully said, i'll sign it all, it was THEM that said ONE thing...not me. Sully took his sweet time LOL, ok, i'll sign this, i'll sign that....anything else? He was great to meet and i look forward to meeting the rest of them.

it's still a money thing otherwise they wouldn't charge so much for a meet and greet, costs them nothing to sign something...cost them nothing if we watch a sound check, breathing is free, we have the space from the ticket we purchased.

and yeah yeah Aerosmith last year was $1500 for meet and greet...i'm sorry i would NEVER pay that to a band...do they walk on water?
    these things are pricey...so hamilton people...don't rush us. let us get our $$ worth, we are little peon's spoiling ourselves for one night so dont ruin it by pulling that crap of ONE pix, ONE thing to sign.

Oh yeah, pft talk about taking money....STILL waiting on the signed poster or whatever and something else from Sully's show in May....ticketmaster know nothing, the venue are looking into it. So again...do the VIP pack and forget about the stuff they say will be mailed to you...going on 3 months later and nothing....so free money to them...and nothing to us but trying to find someone to help us out get our other VIP stuff.

wow, i need to take a happy pill......

"e"

7. Re: What happened????

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Sorry to hear about the lost merchandise Elly. Did you go through ILAA? If you got the meet and greet tix through ticketmaster then I'd suggest contacting them mulitple times. I've found persistence will eventually get you someone who actually wants to help you. As opposed to the 6 people you gotta go through first who just don;t give a shit really and find it easier to say "Sorry, can't help you" But for the actual meet and greets themselves. The members are also rushed, not just the fans. They still have I's to dot and T's to cross before every show so that hour that they give you has to be made up when its over. Which means everyone works over time. You get paid better for OT, bands get paid better for OT. Nature of the beast. $1500 to meet Aerosmith! Yeah, now thats greed. Not saying those guys don't deserve it, but at the same time that price just goes to show you that not all bands run with the same moral code. $200 to meet Godsmack is not a bad price at all. Lets say 20 ppl pay for M&G's with GS at 200 a pop, thats 4g's. Now I know there are A LOT of people who would happily pay 500 for a M&G. Of course, 20 people will not pay that price, but I'm willing to say half would. So 10 ppl @ 500 is 5g's. More money, less people. They chose to go with less money more people. I say chose, but really I have no idea if there was ever a choice, but I'm sure whoever organizes these things has also worked numbers and found the same outcome. So for all we know, GS is trying to keep it as cheap as they can so they can meet more fans rather then a few.
    Hey, is that glass half empty or half full?

8. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:03 AM

You know, it's now to the point of i WILL get that damn signed stuff that i paid for,. if it kills me. Do i want it? eh, not really but it's the point of i paid for it, No one i know that went got their free VIP stuff that was to be mailed to them...so i think they are hoping we all go away so they can just keep our money....scammers!!! !@#$%
    i was thinking the same thing...not bad to meet GS, price wise. of course i compare everything to Aerosmith LOL.Everything is a good price compared to that .
    i know we have to come two hours early which is fine but i just hate being rushed, i see the point though and of course they want it cheap enough to interest fans on it. but what do they do with the money?? seriously, a local charity would love some of it, For the time they spend per fan, i think some of it should be donated. and if i could pick...to an animal shelter. Yep that is what i would push for. All that cash for the meet and greet and it's like 5 minutes they give you...that's a sweet paycheck for them. And i know they do all kinds of things....to help out....floods, huricanes etc but what is done with the meet and greet money? ahhh drinking money...Tony's turn to pay LOL

ahhh life is becoming smiles again....a nice cup of tea always does the trick

"e"

9. Re: What happened????

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Umm pretty sure it says somewhere beforehand 1 item...not to mention the fact Elly that you bragged all over the old board that Sully signed a whole bunch of stuff for you and his security even helped hold your stuff. So if you want a reason that they have a 1 item rule maybe you should take a good look in the mirror. It just takes a few people to ruin it for everyone else.

I think this whole VIP thing is a bunch of crap personally. It's totally unfair to those who can't afford such things especially in this economy and in places like Detroit where people can barely afford to put gas in their car to maybe make it to a show. So for someone to come on here who has been to multiple VIP events to whine about not getting enough attention or having to be there early is just pathetic.

10. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM

yeah he did sign everything, so what. i paid for the time, i got it. HE said he'd sign it all.

like i said not to abuse and take forever, and i didn't. i was mindful of the 3 people behind me to meet him.

so what if i splurge this year with the meet and greets, it's just nice to meet a band you like...

and meet and greet from years ago....you hang out by the bus and meet them for FREE.....times are changing.wish it were that simple.

pft, don't have to tell me about the economy.....still living through it.

and i'm saying, to pay X amount of $'s and get one minute to try and take a pix and have them sign something is not worth it. i'm not complaining about getting there early....i've known...2 hours ahead of time....big deal.

tea is relaxing.......want a cup?

"e"

11. Re: What happened????

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM

lol, more math time. We'll use the 4g's. lets say 20% off the top goes right to the venue. So now we have 3200. Two extra security since the vip area now needs security. Lets throw them 100 each. We are now at 3000. You get your own vending, bathrooms and sometimes swag bags. So lets take another 1000 from that since these guys do get charged for the extra port a shits and so on. we are now down to 2000. Photographer and coordinator of course need to get paid too, and the coordinator needs to make the M&G area look all nice and purdy. So we'll him him/her 800 for pay as well as spending to spiffy the place up. 1200. Now the photographer probably isnt that spendy but they do have to cover their cost of materials and their time so well give them 300. 900. Now lets divide that by 4 since the boys gotta paid. Thats 225 each. Divide that by the amount of people thats 11.25 each person. So yes, I would gladly pay 11.25 to spend 2 minutes with them. Now wheres that glass, I'm gonna get all CSI on it

12. Re: What happened????

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Blah blah blah Elly you just like attention. As soon as another show comes up you will be paying for VIP again and complaining about that one too if the band doesnt stand there and kiss you ass because you paid to meet them.

If only this forum had a soundtrack, I'm sure Greed would be playing right now.

13. Re: What happened????

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Or you know, we could just dedicate "Cryin' like a bitch" to you, Meow.

meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow
    meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

that's a really annoying word to write.. by the way.

She Will Keep You.. Forever.

http://the-dark-gift.deviantart.com/

14. Re: What happened????

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Lame since I'm not the one crying here. But since you dont like my screen name I will change it just for you.

15. Re: What happened????

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I really don't think shes cryin or being greedy. I think she just feels like she got screwed. Which she did, by who ever promised her signed gifts. I don;t blame her, but its not GS's fault and felt that since money was being brought up I'd throw in my theory of where the money goes. BTW, apon investigation I found that the glass water had been sitting in its same location for 2 days and at the rate of evaporation over a 48 hr time period brought the glass to full at its original point.

16. Re: What happened????

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I dont think that anyone promised her anything. She is complaining about a show that hasn't even happened yet, it's 8/21/11...It's stated beforehand that you get 1 item signed She just assumed that because Sully was kind enough to sign multiple things for her on his solo tour that the whole band would do her the same this time. That seems a bit greedy to me.

The poster she is referring to was from the Avalon tour VIP. She says she didnt get it and feels cheated but then went ahead and booked another VIP. If you felt that cheated why the first time why would you book another one?

He was saying I was crying like a bitch which really makes no sense since i didnt complain about anything other than the economy...

No it certainly isnt the bands fault. Everyone is made aware beforehand what the cost is and what is included. It's just like last tour when Sully didnt go to some of the M&Gs and people threw fits eventhough it was clearly stated that not all members may be at all meets when they purchased. No matter what you give to people some are always going to want more.

17. Re: What happened????

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Forevah~Shamed wrote:
    I really don't think shes cryin or being greedy. I think she just feels like she got screwed. Which she did, by who ever promised her signed gifts. I don;t blame her, but its not GS's fault and felt that since money was being brought up I'd throw in my theory of where the money goes. BTW, apon investigation I found that the glass water had been sitting in its same location for 2 days and at the rate of evaporation over a 48 hr time period brought the glass to full at its original point.

apon?

18. MIA avatar MIA

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:02 AM

, Think what you want, say what you want. i'll think what i want and say what i want.

In the end it's all letters on a screen. boo hoo, wahh, lalala, whatever you want, take offense, don't take offense...totally up to you. it's all fun, don't get so freaked out for comments....it's all letters on a screen...they spell words you may not like, so be it....oh wait - for everyone's comments. hey i've changed my mnd...oh i've changed my life...thanks! hehehehe.

shall i pour the tea? or stir the pot?

19. Re: What happened????

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 6:09 AM

The world revolves around money. We all make choices on how to earn it and how to spend it. I do not believe for one minute that the money is all it is about for the guys. Music is their passion. Have you heard Sully speak about music, what it means to him, how it has changed his life?? Have you heard that Tony loves to play his guitar all the time? Robbie even took time to teach fans how to play the bass, and Shannon, well he is a machine and loves to entertain the fans. Everything in life revolves around money, but again, I don’t believe that is what motivates this band.

Does it matter where the money went for the VIP? We made a choice to pay the $$ to meet them and get a picture. We know that you will get a couple minutes at the most. Everyone knows that going in and when I made the choice to buy the VIP, I had to be ok with that. 2 minutes, a picture, and maybe a hug is better than nothing, especially when there are tons of fans that can’t afford to do it or do not have the opportunity due to the band not touring by them. I’m grateful that they do a VIP M&G and for every second that is spent with them.

As far as the signed poster and trinket from the Avalon show, I was able to get an answer. "We are currently awaiting the arrival of the posters back from Sully signed. As soon as we receive the signed posters we will ship your package. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience." I know it has been awhile, BUT, the man was on back to back dates touring Avalon, and then went right into the GS tour. He is busy, and I completely understand that he hasn’t had time to sign all the posters. Is it that big of a deal? For me no. Meeting him, talking to him, getting something signed, and a picture is worth every cent I spent on the VIP. I don’t need the poster even though I paid for it because what I really paid for was the experience, not the poster. The picture and autograph I received is worth WAY anymore!!

None of us know what is really going on behind the scenes. They may have a radio interview to do, or some dealings with management. Who knows, but until you walk a day in their shoes and know for sure, as a fan, just be grateful for what you get or choose to not spend the money next time. Keep in mind that we get paid for doing our job, and they deserve to get paid for doing theirs. They work their asses off on stage to entertain the fans….

20. Re: What happened????

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 6:34 AM

TheDarkGift wrote:
    Forevah~Shamed wrote:

apon?

Upon, feel better?