Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Replies to This Posting

1. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Books

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Well I finished it. If it didn't say Anne Rice, I never would have thought it was one of her books. I'm sure there will be more in the Wolf series.....may they be better. I was glued to it, hoping it would get better. I found it a good read, had a lot of issues with it though. Overall I guess I wouldn't recommend it. If you wanna read it, i'll mail it to ya, don't waste your money.
    "e"

2. Re: Books

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Wow you zoomed through that book.
    _-=~>•)
    'Tis now the very witching time of night,
    Let me be cruel, not unnatural:
    I will speak daggers to her, but use none;
    _-=~>•)
    Because I could not stop for Death, He kindly stopped for me.

3. Re: Books

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Joe Manganiello (Alcide from True Blood.... A werewolf for those who don't watch TB) surprises Anne at one of her book signings.

http://m.youtube.com/?rdm=4phc78bxt&reload=3#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtXFwaK5xbEI%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player&feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=tXFwaK5xbEI&gl=CA
    _-=~>•)
    _-=~>•)

4. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Joe Manganiello (Alcide from True Blood)

were...drool!!!!!!

very cool DG....

yeah long weekend and up late and up early....read read read
    "e"

5. Re: Books

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Lol
    _-=~>•)
    _-=~>•)

6. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM

can't help it. i love reading. Now i'm bookless again i'm re-reading Sully's book.....but 2/3's done so I guess i have to tackle that big a$$ Steven King book....under the dome....ugh it's over 1000 pages and i'm just not feeling it at page 200......
    "e"

7. Re: Books

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:43 PM

So I read a bit more of the wolf gift. He's changed now. He's not a werewolf in the underworld version, from what I understood, he can stand on two feet. Maybe that'll change later?

I read that he describes himself as a tall satyr which is half man half goat. Pan.
    _-=~>•)
    _-=~>•)

8. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I don't want to give you too much but I just found it weird that he didn't freak out or anything. I think Laura will be turned...in the next book. How can she like having sex with him as a were???
    sorry enough said.
    "e"

9. Re: Books

Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Who the hell is Laura?
    _-=~>•)
    _-=~>•)

10. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 8:25 AM

oh crap sorry....keep reading.......
    "e"

11. Re: Books

Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Right
    _-=~>•)
    _-=~>•)

12. MIA avatar MIA

Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 7:54 AM

finished??
    "e"

13. MIA avatar MIA

RE: Books

Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:34 AM

So what do you think of it so far?
    I'm now reading...The Mating ... free book from itunes....I read Graveyard Games...another free one.
    Graveyard Games, eh it was ok, it was free.
    The Mating.... LOL i'm enjoying it. it's about were's. Elise to mate with Kane, As the elders rule. She knows nothing of Kane, but her father paired her up with Kane to mate.
    There is a second book to this which I downloaded too. I'm reading off my iphone, it's not bad but i'm constantly flipping the page.
    So these two books on the were's should keep me happily reading until i get the Sookie book 11 at the end of the month.
    I didnt' think i'd like reading off my iphone, but it's ok. Just constant flipping the page.
    Gotta love free books though....no Anne Rice or Char. Harris but they are a good read when you love to read.

Wolf Gift....I think she's done better but hoping the second one will be better.
    "e"

14. MIA avatar MIA

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM

So I finished The Mating. It was pretty good for a free book. One note...the spelling mistakes...couldn't ignore those..too many. But it was free. Going to start on the second of the series..The Keeping. eh, free reads...can't go wrong. Tired of paying a lot for books as I like to read a lot. Hmm, I should study something....
    "e"

15. RE: Books

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM

yes till now you could have become a doctor Elly :)

16. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:52 AM

I know...I could have done something will all the reading I do. I did night school though....along with work and it was a bit much, work can be tiring then it was off to school with homework. Did that for two years and that was enough.
    Reading is great, curl up with a good book and cup of tea....relaxing..
    "e"

17. RE: Books

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Reading is great only if you don't need the book for school :)
    I love reading too,I'm sorry that lately I don't have so much time to do that.
    Its all the fault of the Facebook games....I have to quit them.....

18. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 7:42 AM

nah, if they are fun...

I like www.freeslots.com. I suck with real slots lol so these are free and fun.

i'm iphone angry birds addicted... LOVE those darn birds....a ton of fun and frustration to get the shot.
    "e"

19. RE: Books

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I've found myself reading non-fiction over fiction the past few years; especially dog and rescue related books. I'm reading "Alex and Me" right now; Alex was this fantastic African Grey parrot who, with the help of his owner/trainer, Irene Pepperberg, showed the world how intelligent a "bird-brain" really can be. He passed away a few years ago, but left behind quite the legacy! I wish I could say my Lucy, my African Grey was a smart as Alex, but that's not the case...but I still love my little pigeon!

I also prefer biographies; have quite a few Marilyn Monroe books...love her. I never really got into any "series" books; I prefer multiple stories, rather than the same characters over and over.

20. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM

You mentioned Marilyn......are you watching Smash? New TV show with Grace...from Will and Grace and American Idol..not winner...Katharine McPhee.... It's about a Broadway show based on Marilyn.
    "e"