Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Anyone on this board use Twitter?

I was thinking I'd post Godsmack's Chicago setlist as it happens on the 22nd, if anyone is interested in getting live updates during their set.

I don't post a lot and it's usually just drunken nonesense when I do, but if anyone wants to follow me: http://twitter.com/razorwirelive

Follow me and i'll follow you back.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I'm not on twitter but I just might now. I want play by play sock taking.
    - he's shaking his foot
    - I'm not letting go
    - he's trying to kick me away
    - hey elly, I got his shoe will that do?

2. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I opened a Twitter account to get band/tour news sent to my phone. I really didn't think I'd use it, but I've finally started to embrace it's usefulness. I could just post the setlist live here, but using Twitter on your phone is a lot easier.

I have no intention of being "that guy" that uses his phone during a show, but a quick song name seems harmless enough, if anyone is interested. If not, I won't bother to do it.

3. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I think you'll have lots interested, a preview for what they will be seeing.

4. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Georgia tweeted the Mass Chaos opening night. I set it up to get live updates sent to my phone as she posted. It was a blast. When she tweeted that they were playing The Oracle I cranked it on my stereo and fell over my coffee table.

5. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM

haha, was that the beginning of the nail incident?

6. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM

the nail incident was soon after that, at a death metal show. I'm rather clumsy.

7. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM

when drunk... or not... like that video of the drunk guy going for more beer.

8. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM

drunk or sober, I'm always clumsy. My body makes decisions faster than my brain.

9. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM

having problems with twitter. arghh. will try on personal laptop later or on phone....

10. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM

in what way? It was really quite easy for me. I set up the account online and then connected with my phone through a free app called "UberSocial".

11. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I will try on another laptop. This work one is being weird today.

12. Re: Twitter

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I don't tweet, but I would like to know what new songs Staind brings out! So in love with the new stuff!

13. Re: Twitter

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to Staind. I tend to shut down during their slow, whistful songs. I was planning to skip their set entirely and go drink beer. I'll give it a shot, but if they play "It's Been Awhile" and I fall asleep I will never forgive you.

14. Re: Twitter

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Saw them with GS couple months back .. I was suprised by two or three of their songs which jammed.. the rest sent me to the beer line also.

razor_wire wrote:
    I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to Staind. I tend to shut down during their slow, whistful songs. I was planning to skip their set entirely and go drink beer. I'll give it a shot, but if they play "It's Been Awhile" and I fall asleep I will never forgive you.

15. Re: Twitter

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I like "Eyes Wide Open". It's solid balls-out hard rock. If their whole set was like that I be into it. I just can't handle it when they turn on a dime and do the sappy ballads. It's like they are two completely different bands. It bugs me.

16. Re: Twitter

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:53 AM

...and that's not to imply that I don't like ballads or slower songs. Godsmack can play Serenity and still sound like Godsmack. With Staind though it really does seem like they can't decide what type of band they want to be.

17. Re: Twitter

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM

ok my pix is an egg LOL. i'm following you razor....beware!

18. Re: Twitter

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM

yep, I see your egg. I am following you now too.

So the way it works: if anyone you are following tweets anything it shows up in your news feed (like on Facebook). I follow a bunch of bands, music news, coaster news, etc. I read the feed from time to time over the day whenever I feel like catching up on things. Otherwise it just runs in the background and I am unaware of it.

Also, someone you are following can direct message you (which is still visible to everyone) and it sends an alert to you that you've been included in their message. If you send me a direct message a little green icon will appear on my phone telling me that you tweeted something about me.

There's a bunch of other stuff, but that's really all I use it for.

I'll send you a direct message from my phone now.

19. Re: Twitter

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM

you've been tweeted Elly.

20. Re: Twitter

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM

you can see it in the Twitter section of my Godsmack profile: http://www.godsmack.com/users/razor_wire