Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

New Year, New Job....Please?!

Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Arghhhh!!! Sitting at the job right now, trying to not scream, throw something or get up and walk out. Damn you, Mortgage Payment!!!

I can't even fake it anymore. My frustration is overwhelming. I'm having the same damned conversations every day and people just don't get it. What we do is NOT rocket science, neurosurgery, or even out-patient surgery. We have the same systems in place that have been in place for years, systems that work very well if you take two minutes to slow the f*ck down and pay attention to what you are reading. But, no I have to be the patient one. And you know what...I AM OVER IT. I am one blasted person and I cannot be expected to do it all. I don't get paid the high $$, but I certainly am deserving of a bullshit wage. You know if you work in extreme conditions, or over night overs, you get a different wage. Well, what about us having to deal with BS all day, every day? But, if I lose my cool, oh hell, it's the end of the world. Everyone else can holler and swear a blue streak, slam things down on their desk, but I'm expected to sit here with a little miss merry sunshine smile plastered on my face.

This year, I have 4 weeks of vacation, and I will miss that, but it is definitely time for me to start over.

I apologize for the rant, you may carry on with your business.

Dawn ~ aka "MarleyBlue", hanging around these parts since early 2005 ~ is that sad?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: New Year, New Job....Please?!

Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Thats okay. The morning of Christmas Eve, my boss asked us to stay late to deal with the stuff that didnt get done because of the power outages we had (you guys may have had them as well, most likely) and promised us the overtime if we stayed. I said no because i know they're full of shit but some stayed.
    '
    Anyways the day before the pay goes in, the boss went to the payroll person and said "I'm canceling the overtime"

so basically, those who stayed, got the shaft and now are going to have to fight to get that overtime.

** http://the-dark-gift.deviantart.com/ **

2. Re: New Year, New Job....Please?!

Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:58 PM