Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Jury Duty Today

Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I'm sitting at the courthouse, have yet to be called. I think 6-7 groups have been called so far. Hope I'm not here all day, but need to make it until after lunch so it's not worth it to go into the office. If they let me go now (10:00am), I would feel obligated to go in.

Was in bed at 10:45 last night, but could not sleep! I was still awake at 12:45...had to be up at 5:45am. I'm tired, bored, and getting a little cranky. But I'm here...I do believe the system we have is a good one. I know if I were on trial for something, I'd prefer to have 6-12 people deciding my fate, rather than one judge who might be having a bad day or just doesn't like people named Dawn!
Dawn ~ aka "MarleyBlue", hanging around these parts since early 2005 ~ is that sad?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Jury Duty Today

Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Pretty sure she's not allowed to say.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

2. Re: Jury Duty Today

Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I never got called for panel questioning, just sat in the room all day long as group after group was called. They bring in panel groups first for general questioning, and from there they narrow down to what they need. My name was not called once. Sat there until 4:15pm.

I think I would enjoy being on an actual jury, but I've never made it past the panel questioning (did get that far a couple of years ago).

Dawn ~ aka "MarleyBlue", hanging around these parts since early 2005 ~ is that sad?

3. Re: Jury Duty Today

Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:50 AM

I don't think i'd wanna be on a jury.
    And my days of waiting were like yours.... BORING... lol.

4. Re: Jury Duty Today

Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I think that we don't have jury duty here....

5. Re: Jury Duty Today

Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

God damn.... I got in the mail...the jury questions.... fudge, if i'm called, I'm spending my days cursing Dawn
    Rec'd it on Friday the 13th. FUDGE!!! If called this will be my 4th fudging time....
    Haven't been called to serve thankfully.
    FUDGE... you know what...this deserves the FUCK word typed out.

6. Re: Jury Duty Today

Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Blagica wrote:
    I think that we don't have jury duty here....

What happens if someone murders someone, or someone is robbed or whatever? What's your justice system?

7. Re: Jury Duty Today

Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

When do you go in? Bring some fudge.

8. Re: Jury Duty Today

Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I don't want to look at my mail now, there seems to be something going around here.

9. Re: Jury Duty Today

Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:33 AM

we have only the judge and the lawyers....no jury

10. Re: Jury Duty Today

Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM

^ jealous

still nothing....YAY

11. Re: Jury Duty Today

Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

you will have someones destiny in your hands...scary

12. Re: Jury Duty Today

Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM