Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

A Little Rant

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I have become accustomed to my sister, niece and 2nd nephew not acknowledging when I send gifts, but when I send more than a gift card, something special, I would like a thank you. Even if it comes over in a text message, just let me know it was appreciated.

My sister and I are not Christians; I personally keep my religious discussions to a minimum, but she's quite outspoken. However, my niece is Christian, and has often referred to herself as a "Jesus Freak". OK, I think that's a bit inappropriate, but I see what she's getting at (plus, she's 18...a young 18).

Anyway, in 1978, my mother, sister and I painted a ceremic set of the Nativity Scene. We never got it "fired", and once my mother got sick again, it just stayed in the original un-fired state. When I was younger, I would display it with my holiday decorations; but years ago, I decided to stop doing that, as it was not for me. My niece did see it over the years and commented how much she liked it...so this year, I packed it up very carefully, and sent it to her.

They picked up the pacakge Saturday, and even if they didn't open it then, they would have yesterday. No acknowledgement at all. I even included a note saying how much my mother, the grandmother she never got to meet, would be happy knowing it was with her.

So, I know most of our topics here are light an breezy and not too in-depth, but I just had to vent. Ugh.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: A Little Rant

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I would hope they would call or send a thank you note or something. LOL if that was my sister, I'd be calling her up and giving her shit. DID you get the gift??? It's always nice to say thank you.

Your never to old to say thank you.
    I know we were raised to call that day and say thank you.

Maybe she just figures that your family, you don't need a thank you. Try not to let it bother you, you gave a nice gift and that's all that matters.

I think I would send a lump of coal or something freaky and then I bet you'd get a call.

2. Re: A Little Rant

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Stop sending gifts if you don't receive thanks. My aunt did that to my cousins, cus they never sent out thank you cards.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

3. Re: A Little Rant

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Hey! Looks who's here!

I don't expect an actual TY card, but due to the nature of the gift, I thought I would hear something.
    With my step-dad, I would send a gift card for birthdays and Christmas each year and never heard anything from him. This year I sent only a card, and he thanks me on FB!

4. Re: A Little Rant

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:42 AM

even if you send only card they should say thank you!!!
    it is not about the gift but about the time and the meaning of the gift.

it is not even that they have to like the card or the gift but the should show some respect and send one small thanks

5. Re: A Little Rant

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:43 AM

and I think that you should let them know that you are offended and hurt about their ignorance !

6. Re: A Little Rant

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I don't send out cards but I do give thanks when I receive one.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

7. Re: A Little Rant

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM

hi DG,happy to see you here

8. Re: A Little Rant

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I thanked you in your walk post

9. Re: A Little Rant

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 4:17 PM

No thanks, equals no gifts next year.