Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Famously Hot Music Festival 2012

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM

What a great time! I had to miss the first two bands, Eve 6 and 7 Mary 3 but arrived just in time for Filter to hit the stage. They were pretty good, I honestly only knew a couple of their songs.

Buck Cherry was amazing, even though there were some tech problems with the bass player and the singer got irritated and threw down the mike as he walked off stage until it was fixed.

Collective Soul is one of those bands that I've always liked what I heard on the radio but never ran out to buy the CD.... They were so good, I was really suprised at how clean their sound was.

It wasn't a GS show, but for a little local fest they did a really good job and it was just what I needed to blow off some serious steam!
Georgia

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Famously Hot Music Festival 2012

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Awesome! My sis is a huge HUGE josh fan, buck cherry, did you get any pix?

2. Re: Famously Hot Music Festival 2012

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Yep, I put them on FB, Buck Cherry shots are so much better because the sun was still up when they went on, Collective Soul was almost impossible to get a good shot because of the lights! :( All in all it was a great show though!
    Georgia

3. Re: Famously Hot Music Festival 2012

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Sounds like a good time..I always liked Filter.Hey Man Nice Shot!

4. Re: Famously Hot Music Festival 2012

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 5:38 AM

We almost never get decent shows right here in in town so I usually have to drive at least to Charlotte if not further. It was really nice to be home in 20 minutes afterwards! :)

We will have Fall Out in October, they announced last night that Weaving the Fate (Villanova) and Saving Abel have signed on for the show, and there will be at least two or three more. I went last year and had a ball. They have it at a bar in The Vista and a local radio station puts it on. That's how I've ended up seeing Theory of a Deadman three times, lol.
    Georgia

5. BG avatar BG

Re: Famously Hot Music Festival 2012

Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Collective Soul was an underrated band, imo. All their albums are great.

6. Re: Famously Hot Music Festival 2012

Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Fall Out was Friday night, Weaving the Fate (Villanova), Paper Tongues and Saving Abel. Weaving the Fate is from here in Columbia and they are really good live. Paper Tongues were fabulous! I danced and danced and danced Saving Abel was good but not as good as I was expecting. So we had a super Friday followed up by a nice Saturday at the Puddlin' Duck watching the Gamecocks beat down the GA Bulldogs!

GREAT WEEKEND!
    Georgia

7. BG avatar BG

Re: Famously Hot Music Festival 2012

Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 5:18 AM

AND my Wolfpack took down the Criminoles (FSU).