Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

5FDP!

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Finally saw Five Finger Death Punch for the first time this past Friday! The sound was a bit distorted, combination of the venue and the volume, but it was still great!
When the show was over, Ivan was in the area I was in (lounge area), and I chickened out in asking him for a picture! What the hell, Dawn?! I was off my game.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: 5FDP!

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I have started to listen to these guys. There are a few songs that give me the same feeling when I listen to them as some of Godsmacks do. I need to find out more about these guys.
    The first song I ever heard from them was the cover of Bad Company. I miss the days when I had time to listen to music more.

2. RE: 5FDP!

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I effing love these guys! American Capitalist is their latest cd and kicks just as much ass as the first two!
    Got to see them again in concert this past Saturday night...good times!!

3. RE: 5FDP!

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM

5FDP isn't bad. I like a few of their songs. I started getting into them recently.
    "In your eyes, you can bid me farewell."

4. RE: 5FDP!

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM

My favorite song from them is Under and Over It. It kicks ass.

5. RE: 5FDP!

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:07 PM

overall I prefer The Way Of The Fist over the last 2 albums but I like 'em. 100 Ways To Hate is damn fun to jump around to when you're drunk.

btw, GodsmackRocks... I am sorry that I got all in your face last week and called you Nostradamus. I was feeling a little overly sensitive that day and it was wrong of me to take it out on you. It was nothing personal. I hope you forgive me.

C'mon everyone! Let's all join hands and make this the Five Finger Death Punch Thread Of Love & Acceptance.

6. MIA avatar MIA

RE: 5FDP!

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:14 PM

ok, here I go. I have heard of them BUT never listened to them. Guess I can't add much until I listen to them.
    I'm ok if anyone that likes them or doesn't like them, doesn't bother me. I'm even ok if someone likes Lemmy.
    "e"

7. RE: 5FDP!

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I don't remember you calling me Nostradamus razor wire, but it's ok dude. I forgive you.

I like American Capitalist, and The Way Of The Fist is very good as well.

8. RE: Re: 5FDP!

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Bogi EMS wrote:
    First: DG,

It's all right. To cry, I don't need that thing. I'm just, like that on your forum, put some fucking link, because I was glad to put it. But now, to argue with you about that, I do not intend. From me to you all the best, enjoy what you love.

Second: Elly,

Thank you, that you managed to solve this stupid debate. I really respect that.

"EMS"
    Bogi EMS

Well spoken my friend.....Thanks to both you and "E"
    C

9. RE: 5FDP!

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 8:44 AM

spreading the 5FDP love...

100 WAYS TO HATE

hate your face, hate your lies, hate the blinking in your eyes
    hate your needs, hate your wants, hate the way you look and talk
    hate your voice, makes me cringe everytime I hear you speak
    It's uncomfortable to know you steal the same air as me

I... hate... you... that's a understatement
    I... hate... you... for who you are

10. RE: 5FDP!

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 9:03 AM

judging from the rather harsh email I just received I now realize that probably wasn't funny to some people.

it was meant to be.

ugh.

11. RE: 5FDP!

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    spreading the 5FDP love...

100 WAYS TO HATE

hate your face, hate your lies, hate the blinking in your eyes
    hate your needs, hate your wants, hate the way you look and talk
    hate your voice, makes me cringe everytime I hear you speak
    It's uncomfortable to know you steal the same air as me

I... hate... you... that's a understatement
    I... hate... you... for who you are

I sing this for my MIL!! I guess "hate" is too strong of a word, but damn if I haven't given her ONE MILLION chances! And my husband is well aware, no "talking out of school" here.

12. RE: 5FDP!

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM

And now that the "voting" is over I can tell you all that I did NOT vote, but if I did, it would have been for 5FDP. Sorry, RMW just doesn't do it for me; but as I've said before, I wasn't too crazy about the original.

(runs out before the mob attacks)

13. RE: 5FDP!

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM

MarleyBlue wrote:
    (runs out before the mob attacks)

Don't run away, I will protect you. I've recently started carrying around a piece of lumber that I found with a rusty nail sticking out of it.

14. Re: 5FDP!

Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM

5FDP is a real good band. They are not in my top five, they have moved up the list.

From the American Capitalist release, the song "Remember Everythingā€¯ makes me think of my youth.

15. BG avatar BG

Re: 5FDP!

Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM

New CD out July 23rd, the first of two in a double album. The 2nd due out in fall.

Fuck yea!

16. Re: 5FDP!

Fri, May 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I saw that too. Good news, new music to look forward to.

17. Re: 5FDP!

Fri, May 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM

BG wrote:
    New CD out July 23rd, the first of two in a double album. The 2nd due out in fall.

Fuck yea!

That's just for me, you know. My birthday is the 22nd!

18. Re: 5FDP!

Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM

The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell Vol.1

or

The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell Vol.2

Which one is better?

19. Re: 5FDP!

Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I have them both, but honestly haven't listened to much of Volume 2 yet...do like the cover of "House of the Rising Son". When I'm on Volume 1 (currently have all 5 discs in my car changer), I go straight to "You"....another one they nailed for me! And of course, gotta love "Mama Said Knock You Out"!!

Dawn ~ aka "MarleyBlue", hanging around these parts since early 2005 ~ is that sad?

20. Re: 5FDP!

Thu, May 8, 2014 at 5:57 PM

love the band, one of my favs.
    This war and peace inside my head will take me to the end..