Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Because there is no such band called Slayer, or at least I never heard of it, what do you think of SLAYYEEERGHHHH? (trying to be funny) As a member of the official Slayer fanclub "Slaytanic Wehrmacht" it's interesting for me to see if there are Slayer fans among the Godsmack Fanatics.

For me Slayer was the band of the childhood, me and my sister used to crazy dance on our Slayer tracks on our old gramophone and cassette player. And the band still stands as a never changing and inimitable style, truly becoming a classic band without any redundant or funky new stuff. So long I have seen them 5 times, all the times they've been in my country, every time was better than the other. And another good thing being a Slayer fan must be their productiveness and album making, can't wait for their new album that is suppose to come this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgUcc-dV3jc

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:45 AM

I've seen Slayer 5 times as well. The first time was the Seasons In The Abyss tour; the last time was last summer.

I saw them in Compton, South Central LA in the mid-90's at a fanclub-only show before Divine Intervention was released. The show was at a tiny club run in the middle of Crips territory. Just getting to the club was a harrowing experience. They had Hell's Angels doing security at the front door. Between songs in the middle of Slayer's set someone fired a gun, show's over, the place erupts into a bloodbath. People were climbing the walls trying to get out. Some of the craziest shit I have ever seen happened right in front of me that night. Was the most frightening experience of my life.

I love Slayer.

2. Metallica

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:30 AM

so now I should start new topic called TRIVIUM or even better Metallica

When I'm good I'm very good BUT when I'm bad I'm better

3. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:34 AM

This is a thread about Slayer.

4. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:42 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    I've seen Slayer 5 times as well. The first time was the Seasons In The Abyss tour; the last time was last summer.

I saw them in Compton, South Central LA in the mid-90's at a fanclub-only show before Divine Intervention was released. The show was at a tiny club run in the middle of Crips territory. Just getting to the club was a harrowing experience. They had Hell's Angels doing security at the front door. Between songs in the middle of Slayer's set someone fired a gun, show's over, the place erupts into a bloodbath. People were climbing the walls trying to get out. Some of the craziest shit I have ever seen happened right in front of me that night. Was the most frightening experience of my life.

I love Slayer.

Thats some crazy shit right there.

5. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I saw them with Raven and WASP back in, like 86 I believe it was.

It was soso. HAHA. Are you kidding me? THAT SHOW KICKED ASS. Although I was there mainly to see WASP. You can't beat Blackie Lawless drinking from the bleeding skull...

6. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:07 AM

razor_wire wrote:

I love Slayer.

LOL I've heard legends for that show, lol! It's awesome to find some fellow Slayer fans among you guys. And about those Metallica etc. threads, all the other bands are great, but Slayer are freaking legends, not just some band.

BTW my father is a big Venom fan, I was in the organization of Venom's first ever concert in Bulgaria, and
    Cronos said something like that, "It was a sweet time when Slayer and Metallica used to worm up for us" But the time is changed and from many years the word "legends" is taken, thank God we have all those great bands from the 80's.

7. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:11 AM

One of the most overrated bands in metal.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

8. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 7:01 AM

^ Needlessly contrary.

9. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 7:06 AM

emilmlo wrote:
    LOL I've heard legends for that show, lol! It's awesome to find some fellow Slayer fans among you guys.

Welcome to the board emilmlo. There's a lot of musical diversity to be found on this board. It's always good to meet a fellow Slayer/Venom fan.

10. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hyWfCNKcYw - Ultras style concert :) the damn torch was mine

11. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I will say this about Slayer. They're ok. What I can't help but laugh at is the whole "oh, look at me, I'm evil" thing.
    Really?

REALLY?

I thought the whole cliche' satanic fad thing went out in like, 1988. If you think I'm wrong, then Google "King Diamond" and if you don't laugh, then I'll give you a dollar.

12. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:39 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    ^ Needlessly contrary.

Most of the time but I'm being truthful this time
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

13. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 6:14 AM

IStandAlone wrote:
    I will say this about Slayer. They're ok. What I can't help but laugh at is the whole "oh, look at me, I'm evil" thing.
    Really?

REALLY?

I thought the whole cliche' satanic fad thing went out in like, 1988. If you think I'm wrong, then Google "King Diamond" and if you don't laugh, then I'll give you a dollar.

so true

When I'm good I'm very good BUT when I'm bad I'm better

14. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:51 PM

The word "evil" is malapropos when you are talking about Slayer. They are so much further ahead of evil, they are much more than that, they are resembling the worldview of so many people, I have so many crazy friends who find the lyrics and the guys from the band embodying their nature and mind set.

15. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:44 PM

The-Dark-Gift wrote:
    Most of the time but I'm being truthful this time

Fair enough. Much like our difference of opinion on soccer this doesn't change the fact that Slayer are one of my all time favourite bands.

16. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM

There is this one thing I don't like with the US and my friends there, mostly everyone is saying Soccer, come on guys this is not a Hand-egg kind of sport, this is football, the players are using their feet to kick the one roundly shaped thing called ball :)

17. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:00 PM

football-they use ball and it is played by foot...
    [Out of my mind… Back in five minutes.]

18. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM

but you can talk about it in" When Germany beats Greece,"
    Now we are talking Slayer
    [Out of my mind… Back in five minutes.]

19. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM

It wasn't my intention to start a conversation about football/soccer in the Slayer thread. I was simply using it as an example to illustrate that one person's overrated is another person's passion. It's our differing opinions that make conversation interesting.

20. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I love Slayer.