Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Though i was surprised at the songs chosen for the "Inspired" CD, i think they are all good choices, and i am most looking forward to hearing "Come Together". I used to play bass in a covers band and we played that song several times, and am curious to hear Godsmacks version of it.
"Peaceful journeys"

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Sun, May 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Just got mine in the mail and the whole live album sounds great, and I think their pink floyd cover is my fave of the four.

2. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM

dieing to hear them all.... how is come together?
    "e"

3. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM

elly wrote:
    I would have to agree... Aerosmith did it for, yeah yeah,,, that horrible movie... St. Pepper....but it had Aerosmith AND Peter Frampton in it. And the BeeGees, Anyone remember that?

I love that movie!! Shhhhhh!! Don't tell anybody! Peter Frampton was to die for back then. I still watch Xanadu at least twice a year as well! I know, I'm hopeless
    Georgia

4. MIA avatar MIA

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM

hehe, i saw it sooooo many times. PF was my original hero.
    "e"

5. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Played through the four twice now, I'm going to have to go with RMW as my favorite. Then Aerosmith, Pink Floyd and Metallica in that order. All done extraordianarily well I might add
    Georgia

6. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM

elly wrote:
    dieing to hear them all.... how is come together?
    "e"

Freaking awesome. And I am not a person who generally likes covers. I could probably count on one hand the ones I felt did the original justice...
    Georgia

7. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Georgia wrote:
    Played through the four twice now, I'm going to have to go with RMW as my favorite. Then Aerosmith, Pink Floyd and Metallica in that order. All done extraordianarily well I might add
    Georgia

Come together is the Beatles.... Aero just did a cover of it for Sg. Pepper.... which they still play live. June 27... ACC... I have MY tickets!!

ok come on mail..... deliver to ME!!! i'm wanting to hear it all.... ahhhhhh
    "e"

8. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I knew that I was very excited at that moment, LOL!
    Georgia

9. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM

LOL I knew you knew... just teasing because I knew you were excited....

i'm dieing to hear come together.... will have to check youtube....come on mail... pass customs fast lol
    "e"

10. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Just heard it on you tube, amazing version of my favourite Beatles song by my favourite band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asJK2zzItfo

Its even better than the version done by the band i played in a few years ago!

"Peaceful journeys"

11. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM

TIME is my fav...f*cking awesome job guys!!
    "e"

12. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Come Together, Godsmack, gotta love it!

Bummed my cd didn't make it in the mail today. hopefully tomorrow.

13. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I thought it was interesting to read Godsmack, ‘Live & Inspired’ – Album Review

Check it out here: http://loudwire.com/godsmack-live-inspired-album-review/

14. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Cranked up my old, old stereo about 20 seconds into Come Together and killed one of my speakers! Thanks to my son half the stock speakers in the car were already blown.... Hmmmm, what to do! I have to hear this LOUD!!! Solution... take CD down to neighborhood bar where my buddy works and they have a kickin' sound system That bar was rockin' something fierce! DJ turned it up a little more with each song and had it about maxed and after inititally calling me a pain in the ass made me write down the name of the CD so he could go buy one and thanked me!!! It was a good day Tater!
    Georgia

15. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, May 16, 2012 at 1:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klvWtrtIRyI

i can't believe it's on youtube LOL

made me smile

BUT i'm LOVING TIME ..... the best cover EVER!!! imo
    "e"

16. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Nice video, evergreen
    I am an angel. My horns are just there to hold the halo up

17. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Found an interesting article on "Loudwire", where Sully is interviewed about the cover songs on the latest release.

If you are interested; see here:
    http://loudwire.com/godsmack-sully-erna-covering-metallica-lzzy-hale-super-rock-star-more/

18. Re: Which of the "Inspired" songs are you most looking forward to hearing?

Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I tried, but I could not get through "Come Together"...I just don't like the song, period. I thought I could give it a chance with the Boys doing it, but nope, can't do it.

Rocky Mountain Way has grown on me a bit. I could go either way with the original; the Boys put their own spin on it. It's pulling me in! Love that Dan Catulo got the footage of my Sistah and her hearse he shot in the video! Another Sistah got a quick shot as well; a group of them were meeting the Boys and Dan was filming.

Really dig "Time". That one was great!

Ah, "Nothing Else Matters"...the song I was most excited for. That was our wedding song; we used "the elevator" version, James and an acoustic guitar...beautiful. Anyhoo, I love hearing Sully's voice singing it, but I don't like the piano.

So, there's my take. Would still love recordings of a Pantera or Iron Maiden cover (just to name two).

19. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I am soooo stuck on Aerosmith's cover of Come Together.... they nailed it!! I can't stop comparing and sorry but Godsmack didn't come close to Mr Tyler and guys, so it's #4

#3 is Nothing else matters... although i LOVE the piano, it's still at 3 for me

#2 is Rocky Mountain Way... first it was 4th because I kept thinking of Triumph's version...then I listened over and over and Shannon made it for me, so it sits at #2

And hmm #1.. Time... i LOVE this cover... the best ever. Loved the youtube of Sully at Camp Freddy, Another Brick in the Wall.... that was the best ever too.

of course all this is my tiny little opinion.

"e"

20. Re: Which of the

Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Gotta be honest, none of the covers hit the mark for me.

When I heard Rocky in a strip club it worked; also the video is great and fits the song perfectly. I like that it's bringing in new fans but unless I am wasted and watching a pole dance it's still too roadhouse/bar band for me.

Time is well done, for what it is. Neither here nor there about it really.

Come Together. Just can't do it. It'll always be the Stones over the Beatles for me.

Nothing Else Matters. I like it. Sully is amazing on it. I get why they kept it soft, but I still wish that Shannon came in with some badass drums after the bridge (instead of the make-me-cringe synth strings).

The live disc is where it's at for me.

p.s. Marley - I was hoping for a Pantera cover too.