Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Travelling to shows

Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I am curious to know who else here has made an epic journey to see a band.

It doesn't necessarily have to be about a long distance that you travelled. We all live in different circumstances and experiences so every effort is valid and equal as long as you feel you had to push yourself in some way to make it to the gig.

last year I randomly decided during the evening of Monday August 8th that I absolutely had to be at the Mayhem show in Dallas on August 10th to see Godsmack. It was irrational and irresponsible and I totally couldn't afford it but what the hell. I called in sick the next morning, jumped in my car and drove 25+ hours by myself from Toronto to Dallas with no real plan. I got to the Gexa Energy Pavillion with several hours to spare, had a nap in my car, bought a ticket from some guy in the parking lot and went in.

It was an incredible day and, for a bunch of reasons, I consider it to be the best show I have ever been to. Maybe that's because what I did seemed insane, exciting and a little scary. Or maybe it's because Godsmack are amazing live.

Whatever. I am really happy that I did it.

anyone else have a story?

"find yourself and lose it at the rock show"

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Travelling to shows

Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I won a free all-paid trip to California through the Buffalo Bills... the last day I was there, Dave Matthews Band was playing within walking distance of my hotel.... I said "screw that" and drove an extra hour to go see one of my favorite bands Boy Hits Car play in a small club.... it was amazing.
    Mashed potatoes for eveyone

2. RE: Travelling to shows

Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM

A bunch of us hopped in a van and went to Illinois for a music festival.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

3. RE: Travelling to shows

Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM

We flew to Vegas for the 48 Hours Festival last October... may not seem like a big deal, but we have 2 little kids and we left them with friends to spend two days at a rock concert. Not like us. :-) But I couldn't pass up Avenged Sevenfold, 3 Days Grace, Seether AND Godsmack all in one place!
    Miss T

4. RE: Travelling to shows

Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I drove 2 hours to see Sully's Avalon tour.

5. RE: Travelling to shows

Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I will go to Metallica's concert in Belgrade.That is about 8 hours driving from Macedonia

and if everything come out as I wont Il will be going to Godsmack concert in Dortmund-Germany. I hope it will come out as I wont....

Than I will share my story