Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

What a fuckin great show!!!! 4th time seeing GODSMACK was the best yet by far. Not sure what pissed Sully off before the show, but he took it out on a crazy New Orleans crowd. Come back soon please

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Im just reading all this about the concert... I've also seen Godsmack quite a few times. We all know something had to happen for these guys not to be able to give the crowd what they wanted to. Im sure Sully made the best decision possible with what he had to work with at the UNO arena. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control. We can only do the best with what we got. Godsmack always puts on a great show. Last time I saw them was with Metallica at the New Orleans Arena and they blew Metallica out the water;(figuretively speaking).. My opinion I love the way Sully works up the crowd. If ur truly a Godsmack fan, the energy that their music gives you, should be enough. It was for me.
    Leticia Loupe

2. Re: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I believe that they just ran out of time. I believe the curfew at UNO is 11PM and they were forced to cut the setlist short, which is what I think pissed Sully off as he mentioned. They just had too many bands on the bill and not enough time allotted. I was disappointed in the short time they played, but they rocked every second of it. Oracle live was friggin awesome!!! I missed the drum battle the last time they were here in 2004, (I was backstage meeting Metallica when Godsmack was on stage) so I was looking forward to seeing it live. They should have just left the first band off the bill, Man Made Machine (they were OK - not as good as Halestorm). There was also a couple of soundcheck problems in between each band that took to long to fix. Just a bad night for the crew. Can't complain about 4-1/2 hours of live music for $45. Cheapest ticket of any concert I've been to in the last 8 years. Metallica and Godsmack was $90 in 2004!!!