Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

meet and greet

Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Only a few shows in but who has done the meet and greet and if so what was your experience?

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: meet and greet

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Man Made Machine, Halestorm, Staind and Godsmack - in that order. It was a great show :D

2. MIA avatar MIA

RE: meet and greet

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I just looked at ALL the M&G pix...some really good ones. They all look good. A few they look tired but for the most they look fabulous, a great memory! And make note for next time.... put the papers down, leave the goodies to the side and just have you and them. IMO
    "e"

3. RE: meet and greet

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Apr 21, 2012 Lonestar Amphitheater - Lubbock, TX

Great pictures !!!!
    Getting back, Back on track, Get off of my back

4. RE: meet and greet

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM

yeah, now that's much better. good to see everyone looking happy. Thank you Blagica.

"find yourself and lose it at the rock show"

5. RE: meet and greet

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Ya everyone looks like they're having a good time, can't wait till Sunday!!!

6. RE: meet and greet

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Blagica wrote:
    Why I see only bad words about Sully???What is happening here?
    Dom pls help and give me some explanation.
    There must be some good reason for Sully's behavior......

Because the hard truth is that he's not always the nicest, most approachable guy. I'm not saying that to be a bitch or start any trouble, it's just the way it is. Some people have had fantastic encounters with him, and others have had some really bad experiences, both which make for lasting memories...just not always good memories.

7. RE: meet and greet

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Blagica wrote:
    Apr 21, 2012 Lonestar Amphitheater - Lubbock, TX

Great pictures !!!!

The Lubbock, TX pics definitely are a great group of pics, entertaining.

8. RE: meet and greet

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM

MarleyBlue wrote:
    Blagica wrote:

Because the hard truth is that he's not always the nicest, most approachable guy. I'm not saying that to be a bitch or start any trouble, it's just the way it is. Some people have had fantastic encounters with him, and others have had some really bad experiences, both which make for lasting memories...just not always good memories.

I can see the potential for a little moodiness after reading the stories in his book......

9. Moderator

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Blagica wrote:

There were some meet and greets on last tours he didn't make it too, a few he was sick for and others he had press/meetings that he got tied up in and had to miss some unfortunately. As far as I know he has been present to every M&G this tour and there hasn't been the mistake of double booking of press/meetings etc. Don't worry!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

10. Moderator

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM

MarleyBlue wrote:

Everyone has their good and bad days... sometimes it's just as simple as he is tired and burnt out. No one should take it personal. Because of their position, everything they do is under a magnifying glass and being judged or talked about. I can't imagine being in that position and don't think any of of can unless we are ever put in their position.

I have random people who come up to me ALL the time and tell me to smile when I am not even in a bad mood whatsoever. It's never anything personal, I am simply just not a super smiley person. Goes to show you people have the tendency to judge others they don't know, just from a outsider point of view.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

11. RE: meet and greet

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I don't know if anything irritates me more than someone telling me to smile, sullys a badass rockstar, not anyones puppet, like I've said just a handshake and a quick pic and an auto and I will be happy with the m&g, if he wants to have a convo then great. Trying to make everyone happy is nothing but a vicious cycle and to me gs is awesome to there fans.

12. RE: meet and greet

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:22 AM

I feel lucky we even have the opportunity to do a meet and greet... most people never get to meet their favorite bands. I admit I was nervous about what we were going to be allowed to do (there is a still a VIP package note on the Godsmack FB page that says no autographs even). But no matter what mood Sully is in, or even if he wasn't there, it would still have been the experience of a lifetime. The other guys in the band are just as important to me. And if Sully happens to be in a bad mood, then so be it. His character, including moodiness, anger, and everything else, is part of what makes their music what it is and so I will take the bad with the good when it comes to everything else. The bottom line of it all is that their music has changed my life for the better and getting to meet any one of them is just icing on the cake.

I have met Sully twice now and he couldn't have been any nicer both times-- in 2000 and in 2012. The other guys were too. And I appreciate it so much.

That being said, I do think ground(ctrl) needs to improve the experience when it comes to information and logistics, and I did leave my feedback in that thread.
    Miss T

13. RE: meet and greet

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:08 AM

WaSMacker wrote:
    sullys a badass rockstar, not anyones puppet

exactly.

14. RE: meet and greet

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:25 AM

after I hit reply THIS occurred to me.

15. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM

How true... everyone watching, everyone saying stuff.

Hey, what's wrong?..... nothing...
    Well, you're not smiling...

I've met Sully 2x and had great experiences. Met all Godsmack once and that was when Sully was sick.. BUT he still showed up, sniffling and coughing, didn't shake hands and I'm sure he would have rather been resting but he was a trooper. Gotta give him props for that. Nothing worse then not feeling well, and he had to meet fans and put on a killer show. He was fabulous....they were fabulous.
    My experiences are great memories...

and I like what WaSmacker said....

"e"

16. RE: meet and greet

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM

GS Web Mistress wrote:
    MarleyBlue wrote:

Everyone has their good and bad days... sometimes it's just as simple as he is tired and burnt out. No one should take it personal. Because of their position, everything they do is under a magnifying glass and being judged or talked about. I can't imagine being in that position and don't think any of of can unless we are ever put in their position.

I have random people who come up to me ALL the time and tell me to smile when I am not even in a bad mood whatsoever. It's never anything personal, I am simply just not a super smiley person. Goes to show you people have the tendency to judge others they don't know, just from a outsider point of view.
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

Of course, but the question was asked why people say bad things, and I answered. We all have our bad days and I've been around these boards (the different versions we've had) for many years and have read enough posts to know...and seen for myself...that there are BOTH good and bad experiences.

I'm not going to sit here and say "what?? why would anyone have a single bad thing to say about the most awesome rock star in all of rock stardom?" People wonder, question why others say negative things and I answer. However, you will notice that I NEVER go into detail. It's not my place to do that and like I said, not trying to cause trouble, I just know not everything is sunshine and roses in this game.

Oh, and as for the smiling thing...I get that too. I'll be sitting at my desk, by myself working on something, concentrating on the task at hand and someone will ask why I'm not smiling. To that I ask "what would you think if you came in here and saw me staring at the computer grinning like an idiot?!"

(and by the way, not judging anyone here...I would hope people have figured out by now that I don't do that...you'd probably be surprised over the grief I used to get HERE for not doing that)

17. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM

"I'm not going to sit here and say "what?? why would anyone have a single bad thing to say about the most awesome rock star in all of rock stardom?" People wonder, question why others say negative things and I answer. However, you will notice that I NEVER go into detail. It's not my place to do that and like I said, not trying to cause trouble, I just know not everything is sunshine and roses in this game."

so true Marley

LOL to the most awesome rock star in all of rock stardom.... LOL.
    That's Steven Tyler..right? .... I haven't met him but he gets in my dislike books sometimes. He's not all sunshine and lolly pops.

And people will have good, bad or ugly experiences... that's life.

"e"

18. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM

The new M&G pix are nice. TX. Nice to look at.
    "e"

19. Moderator

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM

MarleyBlue wrote:

Oh, and as for the smiling thing...I get that too. I'll be sitting at my desk, by myself working on something, concentrating on the task at hand and someone will ask why I'm not smiling. To that I ask "what would you think if you came in here and saw me staring at the computer grinning like an idiot?!"

hahahaa that's what I say... should I walk around with a big a$$ cheesy smile 24/7?? ... I mean I know people would wonder what we where up too, but can't see me doing that LOL!

Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

20. Moderator

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM

MarleyBlue wrote:

(and by the way, not judging anyone here...I would hope people have figured out by now that I don't do that...you'd probably be surprised over the grief I used to get HERE for not doing that)

I know your not, but just mean people in general can judge him or anyone in the "spotlight" when they have no clue what is going on behind the scenes. It happens... Sorry you have gotten grief over that, doesn't really seem very fair.
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna