Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

CONCERT?

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I was just wondering if anyone here had floor tickets(the ones with out the seats) before, if the crowed gets really wild (mosh pit) or if they stay in one area and do it, i have never been to a concert and am just wondering if it is "safe" or should i just stay to the side cause i dont wanna die lol

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: CONCERT?

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I am usually on the floor in the "pit". It is crowded, hot, a lot of pushing, and depending on where you are, you could have people crowd surfing over you. If you are shorter it is sometimes hard to breathe right in the middle of it all. If you are on the floor and stay to the sides a bit, or back farther, you will be fine. I have never been really hurt, but I know people that have been. I have been sore from being shoved around, but you just have to protect yourself and shove back. :) If you find yourself feeling scared, the people around you will help to get you out of it.

2. Re: CONCERT?

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 6:23 PM

It really depends on the venue and the crowd. I can usually be found in the pit, and I get there early enough to "claim" my spot on the rail. For the most part the actual "moshing" usually takes place in the middle, some times off to the side. However, Sully likes to get the crowd worked up during "Whatever"...he wants EVERYONE moving. And we do, but at the rail, most of the times it's just a bunch of jumping and fist pumping...but Saturday's Tampa show was a different story. Everyone was pushing everyone and it did get crazy and kind of rough.

Here's a bit of friendly advice, and truly meant that way...if you don't think you're up to it, don't go down there. You have to be able to "hold your ground", literally. Even for the seasoned pit-attender it can be a bit much, and you want to enjoy yourself. Also, once you've gotten your spot, stay there, don't be that girl who tries to get up front once things have started...it's not really welcomed and you're bound to get an elbow to the boob, gut or worse. We had this drunk crazy broad trying her best to push and shove her way in; didn't work, and I'm sure she was hurting the next day. (Disclaimer: I was just an observer to this...she didn't make it up to me! )

Another tip...if a pick or stick is thrown and it's clearly out of your reach, don't knock people over trying to get it! I had this kid next me slam into me as he tried for a pick that was being thrown to someone five people away from me on the other side. Ridiculous.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great experience! Beware...you'll get hooked and want more!!

3. Re: CONCERT?

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I would suggest you stand off to the side and observe the situation before putting yourself into it. This is what I did my first Godsmack concert. Us telling you what to expect is not going help you out the least and the last thing you need is to feel your confident enough to head into the pit or the surrounding area. Heads up, there is not just pushing and shoving, people are throwing elbows, fist and whatever the hell else they want. You will see people come out with bloody faces, some puking from dehydration. Its not a pretty sight. And you WILL have to stand your ground. Being on the shorter side myself you become a target for the skags who think that because your small they can just push their way ahead of you. Don't be afraid to stand your ground however you can. If you have friends going, keep them around you and always, ALWAYS try to get the rail. But don't push people over to get there. Just have fun while your there! 80% of the people there know how to act at a concert, its the other 20% you have to worry about. Observe your situation first, then decide from there exactly what kind of concert experience you want :)

~ I'm tougher then nails, I can promise you that~

4. Re: CONCERT?

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I'm going to pretty much agree with what everyone has already said. It really depends on how much pain your willing to take. I've broken my ribs on two different occasions being on the rail and have deemed it worthwhile. It's also good to make friends with the people around you, especially if they are bigger (which is the way it is for 90% of my concert attendances). Letting a big muscular guy hold on to the rail on both sides of you can be a great protective barrier. If it gets to be too much you can ask a security guard and they, plus the people around you, will get you out of the situation. One of the biggest suggestions I can give you is DON"T PANIC!!!
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing?

5. Re: CONCERT?

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 12:45 PM

It depends on how bad you want to be close, what are you are willing to deal with and the venue. I have been in the PIT for 3 Godsmack shows, Camden, Scranton and Saratoga Performing Arts Center.

Camden and Scranton were incredibly crowded, so crowded that I couldn't even lift up my arms. Too many tickets were sold for those PITS or people somehow got in without tickets.There were some real assholes in those pits, people who were incredibly rude and even some fights. At Scranton, some dbag punched a girl and some other guy punched him in the face and knocked flat on his ass. Sully saw all of this, stopped the show and brought the guy who saved the girl on stage to watch the show backstage and hang out with the band!!

Last night at SPAC was a really good PIT. More than enough room at the back rail and on the sides. if you wanted to be in the midst of the madness, you could, but if you didn't you could step back, still be close and still have a human amount of space. Security was really good there and people enjoyed themselves without infringing on people around them.