Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Fairbanks cancellation

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM

how can there be a "scheduling conflict", when they have 3 full days off before coming to Alaska?

why don't they admit ticket sales were piss-poor for a middle-of-the-week show during hunting season in an area of just at 100,000 and be straight up with the peoples?

on that note: I do have audio recordings for both the '03 and '06 Fairbanks shows, one is missing 3 songs (due to dead batteries or no 2nd tape with a bum flip), but overall they sound really good. (Sony D6/Sonic Studios mics)

ANYHOW, hagaralaska@gmail.com , if anyone is into that kind of thing.

peace,

-S

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Fairbanks cancellation

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Um, yes?

She Will Keep You.. Forever.

http://the-dark-gift.deviantart.com/

2. RE: Fairbanks cancellation

Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 8:07 AM

There are more issues when a band states "scheduling conflicts" than your feeling of GS not playing your home town b/c of poor ticket sales.
    Think of the venue, promoter, transportation, other band commitments being the conflicts.
    GS is playing Dawson Creek and Prince George prior to the AK shows, and trust me, those towns are armpits (I live in B.C.) The PG arena seats between 3000-7000....

3. Moderator

Re: Fairbanks cancellation

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Scheduling can be a bit complex, a lot goes into it as skullsession said. The band doesn't like even having to cancel or change around dates, but sometimes it has to be done and they don't have much choice cause shit happens. Just know inconveniencing or disappointing fans is never on the agenda purposely.. and bums them out as well.
    "Grab your gun, time to go to hell. I'm no hero guilty as charged..... Search & Destroy... "