Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: 1000 HP

Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Cool....I love he mentions Boston! TY BG. XoXo

2. Re: 1000 HP

Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 7:15 AM

I need to get it on iTunes after I get out of work! I did request it on the local radio station...bada$$ song
    "Magic is not always serious or solemn.
    It is a joyous celebration and merging with the life-force."

- Scott Cunningham

3. Re: 1000 HP

Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I already bought this jam at stupid o'clock this morning! Hell yea!

[this space for rent]

4. Re: 1000 HP

Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I got it on iTunes.

I did hear it was written in an hour and a half. I'm not commenting on the song, I don't want to get banned again. It was a new song, looking forward to the rest of the songs.

5. BG avatar BG

Re: 1000 HP

Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:29 AM

elly218 wrote:
    I got it on iTunes.

I did hear it was written in an hour and a half. I'm not commenting on the song, I don't want to get banned again. It was a new song, looking forward to the rest of the songs.

I can def see that. That explains a lot for me.

6. Re: 1000 HP

Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Me to but I still wanted to love it and sorry but I don't. Maybe it will grow on me once I hear it over and over. Gotta give it a chance, it's new

7. Re: 1000 HP

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:29 AM

hmmm...well, I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

8. Re: 1000 HP

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I wanted to reserve judgement until I could hear it on my ass kicking speakers and in the proper context.

so... I had some drinks last night and set the stage by listening to a bunch of radio rock songs: the new 3 Days Grace single, some Seether, Pop Evil, Shinedown, etc. Once I was properly climatized I opened my mind and cranked 1000hp.

The best I can offer is that 1000hp is a well-produced but overall mediocre rock song with embarrassing lyrics.

Sorry guys, I'm a huge fan (and always will be) but this is a B- song from an A+ band.

9. Re: 1000 HP

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Yeah IDK the old shit is still the best. Songs that actually touch ya on a personal level...

10. Re: 1000 HP

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 8:32 AM

The title track from The Oracle is one of my all time fav GS songs. They've still got it in them, but (for me) 1000hp doesn't even come close.

11. Re: 1000 HP

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I'm in the minority here, but I really like this song lol. The more I hear it the more excited I get for the full album.

- Scott Cunningham

12. Re: 1000 HP

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM

That's cool, we're all different and have a unique perspective. I imagine a lot of people (like A LOT of people) will totally dig it and that it will do very well. Music is completely subjective and no one's honest opinion is ever wrong.

13. Re: 1000 HP

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Well said RW... I agree! Don't care for the song... just not up to their standards I think, but I can't wait to hear the rest of the album!
    Miss T

14. Re: 1000 HP

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM

razor_wire wrote:
    That's cool, we're all different and have a unique perspective. I imagine a lot of people (like A LOT of people) will totally dig it and that it will do very well. Music is completely subjective and no one's honest opinion is ever wrong.

Completely agree :)

- Scott Cunningham

15. Re: 1000 HP

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:54 PM

MistyA wrote:
    Well said RW... I agree! Don't care for the song... just not up to their standards I think, but I can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

Miss T!!!!!!

16. Re: 1000 HP

Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Personally, I love the new song! It's fun to listen to and gets you motivated (not in an angry way). Try listening to it while you're at the gym, you will know what I mean.

I can't wait for the new album.

PS: First post, yay!

17. BG avatar BG

Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM

It's really growin on me. Starting to like it more and more.

18. Re: 1000 HP

Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:47 PM

TheSorceressKnight wrote:
    Personally, I love the new song! It's fun to listen to and gets you motivated (not in an angry way). Try listening to it while you're at the gym, you will know what I mean.

I can't wait for the new album.

PS: First post, yay!

What's a gym?

19. Re: 1000 HP

Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM

BG wrote:
    It's really growin on me. Starting to like it more and more.

cool, so it might grow on me if I listen more and more

20. BG avatar BG

Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Ok it's official. I dig it.