Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Cancellation of European Dates

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news:

June 23rd, 2012

Godsmack announced today that, due to an unfortunate illness with Sully Erna, the band will be forced to cancel several dates on their current European tour. Erna has been advised by doctors to not sing for the next five days. Their performance at Luxembourg's Rock a Field Festival, The Bataclan in Paris France for Saturday the 23rd, and Zurich Switzerland at Komplex 457 on June 26th will unfortunately all be cancelled. Information regarding ticket refunds can be found at the box office for each venue.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dominique ~ Web Manager
Godsmack | Sully Erna
www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM

We need now a solid promise from Godsmack that they will come in the next year and this time make a bigger European tour!

Sully promised us ...
    But I don't think I'll be able to go to Turkey or another neighboring country, because there won't be any chance for me to collect or/and borrow 300-400$ again..

That's why I'm so sad, disappointed and almost dead.
    This war and peace inside my head will take me to the end..

2. Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Get well soon and reschedule for this year in Bucharest. I hope you'll try to come as head line. I just got a refund for my ticket, I was only interested in you guys.

P.S Wouldn't a "chaud d'oeufs" do it? :)

3. Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM

WOW! You get a refund, and we don't, UNFAIR! :) HAHA Makes me want to do some bad things to the organizers :)

4. Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

i hope sully get better soon . love you sully.
    annette g.

5. Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQIKwoKYfxs&feature=youtu.be - wow! when you don't come to us, we have to sing it :)

6. Moderator

Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:35 PM

emilmlo wrote:
    WOW! You get a refund, and we don't, UNFAIR! :) HAHA Makes me want to do some bad things to the organizers :)

How are you not getting a refund???
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

7. Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Hi GS Web Mistress,

The situation with the refund over here is pretty intense, from a couple of national televisions made a interview with a citizens organizations about the issue, I will let you know in short what is going on.

The organizers of the Concert http://www.becbg.com/en/contacts/ Balkan Entertainment Company, got overwhelmed by people calling, emailing etc. wanting a refund just hours after the Sully's email and the announcement from the Band that they are canceling the tour in Europe. I was one of them, I called them early in the morning, the response from the guy on the phone was that we did not buy a ticket for a "solo" concert, but for a festival with 12 bands and that they can't refund us. That's not what's written on the back of the ticket and on the terms on the ticket seller company, there is written that if there is some change on the program or staff (bands list) they can refund the tickets. But some hours in that day from the company that sells tickets they deleted that part of the text, and now is written that only if the whole event doesn't happen they can refund :) There are people with pictures of the text from before, there are plenty of those and from google catch also. And this is strange, because if there is only one band left, does that mean that the event will still be hold...

There are like hundreds of people cursing and insulting the organizers and the tickets company on their facebook page, twitter page, emails, phones etc. :) Some people organized a movement to take the subject to court, a lawsuit that many lawyers said that is almost 99% chance to win for the people against the organizing company, but will take a long time and money. Don't know if they are going to continue with that idea, will see.
    From the Bulgarian Commission of Protection of the Consumers said that they have received a hundreds of appeals of people complaining about the refusal from the company to refund the tickets. Even I wrote a couple from my name and of that of my wife.

And just today there is another very strange thing happened from the Balkan Entertainment Company, they've done a strange move today, they offered the people who will miss the Godsmack on the first day to take as a compensation chance to take with them one friend who will see the festival for free. Every ticket holder can take one guest to see the first day of the festival for free. But that sounds dangerous, even illegal. Because on the stadium there are seats area, and every ticket has it's seat number etc. where will those friends be seated and how they will manage the situation if all the people decide to take a friend with them, the place can be easily over loaded and potentially dangerous for the health of the present people on the event.

I'm a bit shocked with all that is going on with that company, their shocking incompetence is a bit mind disturbing :) I don't know what's going on with their status of the concert and what are their concerns, but from the point of the people who will attend the event, the decisions they take seems more than strange and irrational.

And finally I hope if the Band decides in the next year to come again to Europe and visit my country, please I beg you, don't use that organizer again!

8. Moderator

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

OK after I asked I got a BUNCH of emails regarding this. I just wanted to let you know I WILL pass this on to management about the promoters.... but PLEASE don't send any more emails to the info@sullyerna.com addy on top of the godsmackinfo@yahoo one. The info@sullyerna one forwards all emails to my personal email which is already flooded with work stuff. I understand they are not refunding you guys and your very upset about it.. but I check both emails so no need for everyone to send all these to both addresses. Please pass this one.... and that I got the point and will let management know.

I am going out of town soon and am trying to clean out my emails and get everything sorted before I leave.

Thanks guys!
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

9. Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Thanks for the response, and please excuse me, I didn't know that so many people will write to you.

All the best and have a good trip.

10. Moderator

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

It's ok... I was just like whoa! hahaa... I did email everyone back at once.. let them know I got it.

Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

11. Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Wow, what a read. Feel sorry for all the people having to go or lose out their cash. I guess I can see their point of - a lot of bands to see BUT when you'll going for ONE, then they cancel it would hurt. I hope everything works out. And happy holidays!

12. Re: Cancellation of European Dates

Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Oh well regardless everything, the most important thing for the fans is to be able to see their band next year. So I hope we will be able to see them next year on their proper European Tour, and if they use some other promoter on here would be a bliss. Right now there are so many people saying that they will never buy another ticket from these guys.