Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Crazy whackos outside the venue

Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Last thing I want is to start a religious argument here. Nothing disrupts or causes more hard feelings, so if we can.....let's not.

I have to ask though; Here at the nashville show there's this nut case outside the venue passing out literature and telling people they're going to hell for participating in this "satanic music" blah blah, I tune it out.
Does this happen at a lot of their shows or just something here in the bible belt?
I love living in the south, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world, but I'm seriously ashamed at the moment.

I believe in God, VERYmuch so. It makes me sad for him that he has aßß hats like this claiming to play for his team. It must be depressing to sit where ever he is and think, "All I have done and created. I give the world beer, overdrive & distortion, and drop D tuning and for my efforts, I get losers like this cheering for me."

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Crazy whackos outside the venue

Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Personally, I have not had that kind of experience down here in FL. And I have been all across the state seeing GODSMACK, & MEGADETH. Hell, even when I saw GENITORTURERS down here, there wasn't anyone trying that crap.
    I gotta feeling it's just in the extreme bible belt.

2. Re: Crazy whackos outside the venue

Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM

MM, we don't necessarily see them at concerts, but we sure do in Ybor...especially at the Gasparilla Knight Parade and Guavaween! One or two are there on a normal Friday/Saturday night.

We're usually on a balcony for the parade...not too far from them, and yes, once the alcohol starts to flow, they become targets! If I'm being told I'm going to hell, I feel I should act appropriately!