Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I know out of all the guys Tony appears to be the most quiet and reserved, however, when you get to know him he has a lot to say and is also very funny! Not to mention this guy is the one responsible for Godsmack's unique guitar sound that is so recognizable.... let's show Tony some love too!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dominique ~ Web Manager
Godsmack | Sully Erna
www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Photobucket

The Tony Man himself....Adonis has nothin on him ;)

2. RE: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Tony has the best live guitar tone I have ever heard. Godsmack would not be the same without his leads, which get better with each album and tour. His stage presence reminds me of Tony iommi. He doesn't need to jump around to command respect; his guitar does that for him.
    Little known fact: he is probably the funniest member of godsmack.
    Tony rules! He's my favorite guitar player.

3. RE: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 8:05 AM

it's true. it was Tony's guitar tone that first drew me to Godsmack. I've not met the man yet but he is one hell of a live player. I once spent an entire evening searching youtube for live cams of his solo from re-align and comparing them all to one another. I think I even made notes. ok, I admit it, I was high lol! It's a damn good solo though. Huge respect.

"find yourself and lose it at the rock show"

4. RE: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Thanks for rippin' it up in Beaumont last night Tony..... Amazing as usual.

5. RE: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Danno wrote:

lol, that's it! Details please? Setlist?

6. RE: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 6:40 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    Danno wrote:

lol, that's it! Details please? Setlist?

Same set list as for Belton that someone listed earlier... Erna asked the crowd how many were seeing GS for the first time and about 75% raised their hands (not me).. A fan got pulled up on stage by Sully which was cool. Everything else was pretty much the same as the last few shows I have seen.. dueling drums etc. Stained was better than I expected.

7. RE: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:25 AM

It goes without saying that the other guys are really appreciated, but I know it's nice to hear it sometimes...sooo...

Tony, you are one of the driving forces behind the unique sound that makes Godsmack such a great band. This band would not be the one we all know and love without the individual talents that come together to make one kick arse band!

8. RE: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:12 PM

MarleyBlue wrote:
    Haven't been able to get any personal pics of Tony (other than those on stage)...very elusive that one! Though on our 2010 Sistah Trip, he was staying on the same floor and we took a picture of his left over room service! :-)

By the way, Dom, thanks for starting these threads! I love him, but we were definitely in Sully-overload!

Above all else, be kind.

9. Re: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:58 AM

ABSOLUTELY! So many are busy looking at Sully that they overlook what a hunk Tony is! Not to mention his unique guitar riffs give G-smack their signature sound! No guy is more notable than a driven Sag! His wife is one lucky woman!
    Susan M. Kane

10. Re: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Yes Tony is one of the kind
    I really like the guy,he is ding great job for Godsmack.
    [Out of my mind… Back in five minutes.]

11. Re: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Tony is an absolute doll and I would love to meet him. Very lucky wife indeed! His music is amazing and he looks great. I love the way he is so casual in attitute. He is what got me listening to Godsmack!
    Renee' L Dorval

12. Re: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Now in this moments I miss Dom
    *my pain is caused by my pleasure*

13. Re: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Was driving the other day with my older brother in the car... He doesn't really believe any good music has been made since the Skynard plane crash... (Except for Green Day and No Doubt, not real sure how he got there but okay :/ ) I have yet to take Live and Inspired out of my CD player in the car and the Pink Floyd cover was playing, he made the comment that it must chap David Gilmours' a$$ that whoever that guy was that was playing the guitar made him sound like an beginner! Now he wants to go to the next show with me!
    Georgia

14. RE: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Tony Rombola is my favorite band member of Godsmack and my favorite guitarist...be cool to meet him cause he seems like a really cool dude....keep rockin TONY!!!! \,,/

15. Re: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 7:51 PM

He is a very talented guitar player and a real down to earth guy.

16. Re: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Here's an official "Gotta love Tony" shout out! He does appear wayyyyy too quiet and reserved but I'll bet that guy is hiding all sorts of funny stuff!

17. Moderator

Re: Tony Rombola Appreciation Thread

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Spirals27 wrote:
    Here's an official "Gotta love Tony" shout out! He does appear wayyyyy too quiet and reserved but I'll bet that guy is hiding all sorts of funny stuff!

He is a very funny guy when he opens up. Just more on the quiet side around people he doesn't really know well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com