Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

MIA avatar MIA

Dom, can you add another Main Topic - Concert questions

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 6:54 AM

or something like that. That way people could stick to one place to ask for the code, when on sale, about the VIP, or are they going to play NY, Indy, etc etc.
Everyone seems to be all over the place in the forum, posting everywhere. This way there would be one place to look and the other posts won't be driven down the line with people asking....what's the code....are there more dates etc etc. All different people so lots of posts.

Just a thought....

And to Ground Control. not everyone is receiving the e-mails with the pre-code. Can you not just post it? (I know Wade finally did...thank you) i know i'm signed up but never rec'd an e-mail for anything yet. updates, news or concerts, i've never seen an e-mail Are we sure that it's working?

thanks for reading....just my thoughts.....

"e"

Replies to This Posting

1. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Dom, can you add another Main Topic - Concert questions

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM

bump....
    "e"

2. Re: Dom, can you add another Main Topic - Concert questions

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Good idea !!! Than everyone can quote there and not separately on half a minute different question...
    By the way I didnt get anything...:)

3. Re: Dom, can you add another Main Topic - Concert questions

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I didn't but I don't want one either
    _-=~>•)
    'Tis now the very witching time of night,
    Let me be cruel, not unnatural:
    I will speak daggers to her, but use none;
    _-=~>•)
    Because I could not stop for Death, He kindly stopped for me.

4. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM

you want ONE place they go to ask about concerts....it's flowing all over the topics....i didnt' get an e-mail either but maybe it goes by....we are not US people. BUT we are still special.
    "e"

5. Re: Dom, can you add another Main Topic - Concert questions

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM

BUT we are still special.

6. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

"e"

7. Moderator

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Are you referring you a main forum section? If you are I cannot because the way Ground CTRL set up the forums the main topics are already pre set up. I could start a new topic as you did, however. :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Grab your gun, time to go to hell. I'm no hero guilty as charged..... Search & Destroy... "

8. MIA avatar MIA

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Yes i was referring to a main forum section. I just thought it would be good to have one place to go to ask about concert tickets, VIP, Presale questions. Everyone was posting everywhere they could. so the posts were being moved down quickly (and ok i will admit i wanted to keep the Avalon in Boston close so it wouldn't be forgotten for updates - which i know you will update when there is something...is there anything new?).
    Past few days seemed to be a scramble for everyone trying to get codes etc. Felt bad for them, everyone posting...help! I know the pre-code was emailed out but lots didnt' get it or didn't see it. Glad you and Wade posted ORACLE. i had it e-mailed to me by a friend (thank you) ha, not that i'm even close for tickets but i was e-mailing to those that posted..help! me! .... was just trying to help out. All i could see was frustration and panic....for info. Thought it would be nice in one place. Never thought when you were asking on the old forum about suggestions for forum sections on the new site to ask for a "concert questions" area. I dont remember the scramble of questions at the old place?
    "e"

9. Moderator

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Yea it was a bit of a scramble and honestly I was tied up on helping fans on Facebook and twitter and trying to personally mesage as many people possible the password who didn't receive the newsletter. I didn't want to post it out in the open on there, for I felt it was not fair for those who are Godsmack.com members for non members to jump on the bandwagon and get first picks at tickets & VIP's.

The people who built the website already had chosen the main forum categories and placed them so I did not ask anyone for additional category ideas.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Grab your gun, time to go to hell. I'm no hero guilty as charged..... Search & Destroy... "

10. Moderator

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I was told the night before Ground CTRL was taking care of all ticket links so honestly wasn't even online when Presales went live. It was not expected that so many people would have had issues receiving the newsletter & Presale code. The data base was recently updated and the newsletter went out to everyone on it. What happened after that is beyond me... I am guessing either a glitch in the system, newsletter maybe went to people's spam folders, or maybe others signed up a long time ago w/ a old email they no longer use... Etc etc. With so many member sign ups it's impossible to track each and every one and what went wrong. I am urging people in my thread I started for next time to try re-signing up under a alternative email addy just in case & to be safe next time around.

FYI if anyone has to get a hold of me, the best place is either FB, Twitter or by actual email. This way I am notified right away and I don't have to fish through a bunch of threads of people talking to find questions that need answering. I am checking my email constantly and it's at my fingertips via my phone if I am not home or near a computer. I am on there way more then here.

11. MIA avatar MIA

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM

i totaly agree with you....you must be one busy gal! hopefully next tour will be easier. That is why i didn't post the code. i couldnt' agree more that members should come first.
    i like the e-mail idea...you've been speedy when i've contacted you
    i think the panic is over....
    "e"

12. Re: Dom, can you add another Main Topic - Concert questions

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I think there was a lot of confusion about what people were actually signed up for. I have been signed up on the mailing list for newsletters, etc. from Godsmack for a long time, but not signed up as a member on this site b/c I never needed to post anything. I think a lot of people were in the same boat as me, not knowing they had to be registered as a member of this community, and thought they would receive it through the mailing list. The last thing I got was the survey they sent out and that wasn't that long ago so I thought I would have been good. Now I know. Now I think we all know, or we all should know...

What I don't understand is why people have to be so rude about it on Facebook!
    Miss T

13. MIA avatar MIA

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM

i think it was frustration.

my ask was for a place to go to ask concert questions....blogs and posts were overtaken.
    Dom solved it though.
    "e"

14. Re: Dom, can you add another Main Topic - Concert questions

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Understood. Just trying to give perspective from one of the frustrated... :-)
    Miss T

15. MIA avatar MIA

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM

i hear ya :) i'm just not in a GS tour location to be frustrated. i felt bad for everyone posting...help me!! i think all is good now... a few bumps but smooth now
    "e"

16. Moderator

Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM

There are times we may be waiting for date confirmations and info down to the last minute and it gets a bit crazy. If it was up to our camp we would love to allow more time to prepare for announcements... but most of the time is is not under our control when we receive info. Remember planning a tour isn't easy.... lot of planning involved as well as back and forth emails/conversations amongst tour promoters venues..etc. It will get chaotic at times... other times run smoothly. It's inevitable to expect the unexpected. Things come up, things get changed, sometimes cancellations are even made which forces us to reschedule which can throw off the whole tour unfortunate. There may be times certain cities or venues can't be booked at all if their schedules don't match ours or are within the time frame of the tour. Overall it can be frustrating for everyone involved ultimately. Everyone tried their best to keep every happy. Some tours cover the big major cities, others cover smaller ones that could be located in the middle of no where... just all depends.

17. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Nicely said.

I think most are just...i want tickets...NOW lol.

You and Maria got it together! your comments solved all, imo.
    "e"