Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Sully's Avalon

Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:30 AM

Was he happy with the tour? The sales? Was he happy with the sales of the CD? He received some great reviews. Just curious as I still love listening to it. And yes I'm still patiently waiting for the DVD, whenever he gets time to get things going on it. My finger is ready to click "submit to purchase" when it's out. I'm watching and waiting for it (patiently)(I know you'll put updates when available) I was just wondering his take on the sales of it and the tour.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I'm waiting to! That is the only reason I upgraded my DTV to include Palladia! I love Lisa's voice mixing with his. Wish I could have seen the tour!
    Georgia

2. Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM

The concert was amazing. At this point, I'm ready for the dvd, lets skip Palladia and go right to the dvd.

3. Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I was at the show and it was absolutely amazing. I so can't wait for the DVD!!

4. Re: Sully's Avalon

Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Georgia wrote:
    I'm waiting to! That is the only reason I upgraded my DTV to include Palladia! I love Lisa's voice mixing with his. Wish I could have seen the tour!
    Georgia

Can you tape that and send me a copy? I'm deprived in Canada.

5. Moderator

Re: Sully's Avalon

Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM

elly wrote:
    Georgia wrote:
    Georgia

Can you tape that and send me a copy? I'm deprived in Canada.

Don't worry this will be available to purchase on DVD as soon as the box set is ready. No update on that just yet though. Will keep everyone posted as soon as Sully gives me word.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

6. Re: Sully's Avalon

Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I was wondering his take on the tour and sales etc. Was he pleased? Inspired to release another one?

7. Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 6:45 AM

I admit defeat. I waited and waited and... I give up.

8. Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM

For the lack of response you have received, this now belongs in the "Rude!" thread that we have hijacked!

9. Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM

It does, doesn't it. But that's ok, It's off my radar.
    He's busy with marathons, shows, etc etc.obviously this is far back on the burner IF he still plans on doing anything. Dom said she will update when there are updates so I know no news is considered good news but I give up. IF I stop hoping and wishing it would come out, put it on my back burner maybe it will be released.
    I was just curious as i said a few times, I was wondering his take on the tour and sales etc. Was he pleased? Inspired to release another one?

I still love listening to it but as far as the DVD, oh wait what DVD?

10. Moderator

Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Sully doesn't read the boards honestly..... not that he wouldn't wanna see what everyone is talking about, commenting on etc... but he honestly just doesn't have time. So if anyone is trying to reach out to him from here... they will be waiting a while for a answer LOL! If him and the guys had all the time in the world to read & monitor the boards, read every single tweet, post to FB, etc etc.... I prob wouldn't have a job honestly hahaa. It's just a lot to keep up with for any bigger band and that is why they have people to help them. The guys try and read what they can on their off times... but again it's a lot.

You are correct if you hear no news, there is no news to share. I certainly won't leave anyone in the dark when it comes to Palladia or the box set. It will posted in the news section of this site, Sully's site, go out in newsletters, twitter and FB (both GS/SE accounts) .... so don't worry! I just don't feel the need to make a announcement that there is no announcement every week that passes and I haven't heard anything LOL!

As far as the tour and sales etc... I think he was pleased. He realizes it's not a Godsmack tour or album and it's still pretty new. Like anything new it takes some time to build up and for people to catch on... you just have to be patient with it. You can't start out new and expect to fill a whole arena right off the bat so instead he did theater venues which did fill up and most sell out. Every show I attended for both him and Avalon had a great response from the crowds that came out to support. I think it did well for it's first run and knows he wants to do more as well as put out another album. I personally think his solo music needs to be exposed to as many people as possibly who aren't necessarily Godsmack fans. Once these people, who aren't into hard rock, are introduced to him as a solo artist and his music they will catch on. After that starts happening more and more people will and his audience will continue to grow.

The best thing people can do to is help share the music to as many people as they can, then they will share it etc etc etc. Also people can actually support the artist by buying the albums they put out and not illegal downloading them for free or just purchasing one single off the album via iTunes (Which some people do). Unfortunately now that people can choose which songs to download nowadays (instead of going of and buying the whole album off the bat) it does and up hurting the sales. Album sales are nothing like they use to be unfortunately.. and some people don't really understand that. Bands use to make a lot of their money with album sales and tours and nowadays it's more or less just tours and maybe merch. I know times are tough these days and some people may not be able afford buying a ton of albums or concert tickets... but ya do what you can. We all have bills and priorities that need to be taken care of first before we can spend money on entertainment for ourselves. I just know a lot of people (not saying all) can prob afford to buy a album that costs only $9.99 and will still steal the music because they can and maybe think "F it, these bands are rich enough and don't need my money". When more and more people have that attitude it does add up and hurts sales.

A lot of people like to assume all rock stars are rich and are set for life. Yes maybe some are, but you would be surprised at how many aren't. Their are plenty of artists out there who still rely on people to go out and support their music and tours to make money and pay their bills each month. Tours and very expensive... remember the band has to pay their whole crew, buses, hotels, production, any special effects, pyro, screens, yadda yadda yadda. Most people don't realize how much that stuff costs... and I will tell you it's NOT cheap and it's pretty damn costly. Some people complain that so n so doesn't have pyro or a huge stage set up each on every tour, yet will complain when the ticket prices are so expensive. Well if you want all the bells and whistles every time, someone has to pay for that, which means the band does and has to make that money back. Bands don't make anything off their tours, albums, etc... until ALL the expenses are paid for first and foremost. After all the expenses are paid off and crew is paid then yes whatever is left over, yes they profit from.

I personally will always support my favorite bands and buy their albums. Hell I STILL will buy each and every Godsmack and Sully solo album that comes out... even though I don't have to. If I already have a copy for myself I will buy a few and give them as gifts to people... just to support them. When Sully took Avalon on tour I even purchased some tickets for people that wanted to come see the shows... because again I wanted to help do my part since I don't have to pay for myself to go. Plus it was a nice gift idea to friends/family who wanted to go. I just feel it is important to support the music we love. Over all everything costs money and I personally don't believe in stealing someone's work and art they put out because I can. I don't care if that someone is U2 who are one of the biggest bands of all time and defiantly are not hurting financially.. If I want the album I will buy it and never regret it because I am supporting something I believe in and love :) If I am broke at the time... I may wait and ask for it as a b-day or Christmas gift LOL!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

11. Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Wow, you covered it all lol. I knew there was no news with Avalon like you said you update when you have something. And if you put out a weekly post - sorry no update with Sully's Avalon. LOL I would think you were crazy lol.
    It's just disappointing...the wait and IF he will release it. But I get it.
    I didn't find GS tickets too pricey, of course I compare to Aerosmith lol.
    And for sure have to pay ALL those people. I would have gone higher price if they would have had the big screen though. I didn't miss the pyro, to be honest, it was the best show ever!! Hard to see other bands after them, it's just lacking the energy and crowed involvement. I love that you gave away tickets and CD etc. umm ever send anything to Canada? hehe. I share the love with Macedonia, I send her bought stuff a lot :) Supplies!!! And won't she be..... hehehehehe.

12. Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

oh and thanks for commenting on Avalon and Sully. I was curious how he thought things went and it was perfect in smaller venues anyway, I don't think you'd feel it in a bigger place. imo.
    Tell him after the marathon, if he could get going on a second solo, it would be appreciated. LOL. Put everything aside and concentrate on that.
    Oh and a new GS album too. Yeah we don't expect much do we LOL. No rest for the wicked!

13. Re: Sully's Avalon

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Well said, Dom! I will ALWAYS buy the CD's of Godsmack and Sully as well as other artists I like. I truly believe in supporting bands this way and wish everyone still felt the same instead of downloading music. I'd rather have the CD with the artwork over songs on Itunes!