Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

proposal

Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I am currently planning on attending the show in Nashville TN. I am dating someone very special and this will be our first concert together. I was wondering if there was anyways I could propose to her at this concert and if I could where could it take place. If there is anyway that it could take place it would be forever meaningful to us both. Thank you for your time.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: proposal

Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM

YES!!! HOOK THIS COUPLE UP!!!! I hope you get what you asked for. Have a good one!
    Mashed potatoes for eveyone

2. RE: proposal

Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Horrible idea.
    She says no, concert is ruined, you equate gs with her dumping you, stop listening to the band all together, end up living under the bridge while assuming the world has come to an end and that your hand (who you've named slim bob) is actually the devil in disguise and wants you to acquire souls for him.

So in closing, girl says no, you end up under bridge, devil consumes your hand.

We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

3. RE: proposal

Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Well honestly? She has already indicated that she will say yes. I'm just wanting it to be somewhere that would be so awesome.

4. RE: proposal

Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I will be at this concert and hope to see this proposal! Please help make this happen. How sweet!

5. Moderator

RE: proposal

Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Sorry, but unfortunately the band doesn't do these kinds of things, as cool as it sounds. I get SOOOO many emails requesting shouts outs and things like this. If they agree to do it for one person, they will have to agree to do it for everyone. We have to try and keep things fair to all the fans.

People already complain about their set not being long enough as is. If the band starts allowing marriage proposals and shouts outs during their performance time, they will have to cut songs etc out of their set.

It's a cool idea never the less, but we have to be realistic here. If we honor one person's request for something like this, it's only fair to honor everyone's request, which isn't in the cards unfortunately. Because of the time restrictions, the band already has a hard enough decision what to and not to fit in their set. Sorry about that!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

6. RE: proposal

Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM

The guy is going to end up under a bridge now, thinking the devil has possessed his hand.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

7. RE: proposal

Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Hmmmm, Does the venue have one of those electronic signs out front that announces the upcoming events? Maybe see if they will flash it for you??? Just thinking out loud....
    Georgia

8. RE: proposal

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 6:24 AM

It sounds to me that the proposal is just a formality and that he doesn't have a thing to worry about...especially living under a bridge with Slim Bob (Lol). If it wasn't for the fact that the band doesn't do these kind of requests, and I can understand the logic....I would do the same come 2 weeks from now @ our show.
    I do however, think that if there's an electronic billing sign out front of venue....trying to ask the venue people if the possibility could become a reality....

Good Luck To You.....and that someone special!
    C

9. RE: proposal

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Georgia wrote:
    Hmmmm, Does the venue have one of those electronic signs out front that announces the upcoming events? Maybe see if they will flash it for you??? Just thinking out loud....
    Georgia

That would involve the sleight of hand of money.